Chapter Nine: Step One

"My name is Tiyuana Camora Lee Jackson. My father is Thomas Comron Jackson. He use to run a tight assassin organization that I grew up around. My mother Camora Jackson is a retired CIA agent. Since I was a kid I lived all over the road with my parents and siblings. Both of my parents taught me how to be strong and defend myself. When I turned 16 I was allowed to begin training with my father which of course my mother did not approve of it. Quickly I learned how to run my father's business successfully. He retired on my 21st birthday and i begun to train a whole new crew under my wing. We took over my father's client list and adding over 50 more higher ranked clients." I paused and looked up at Ana. She just kinda looked at me. She reached out and grabbed my hand and I continued. I took a deep breath and continued. "I left your house the other day to handle some business. There was a rat within the crew and we had to get rid of him immediately. I shot the wrong guy and the real rat came after me. He must have knocked me out and brought me to your house that night. I don't remember everything but I remember enough. His name is Black. Never knew his real name. He was working for our competition Red. Your mothers new boyfriend Derrick ; I found out his name from one of my investigators, anyways Derrick is Red's uncle who was next in line to take over Red operation if anything happened to him. I killed Red and Black told me that Derrick said that no matter who it was that killed Red they had to die and their family. I do not know if he knew at the time that I had killed Red, but I'm pretty sure he knows now. Anyways, now Black and the rest of his crew our out to kill me, you and our families." Ana's eyes got watery and she spoke,"But why me?" "You because Black is is a cold hearted nigga who will kick any man when he's down. But I feel that he's making a big mistake. I highly doubt Derrick would want to kill the love of his life's only child,  but then again I've done and seen crazy things happen." I rubbed Ana's hand and she began crying. "So what does this mean? Will I have to spend the rest of my life hiding?" shaking her head i could see she was trying to process everything that I had just told her.

"I don't want you to worry--" "How can I NOT worry Tiyuana?" Damn why does everyone have to call me by my first name when they made? "Camora that is enough. " I turned to the voice it was my mother. My mother! Ana looked up at her and it was like seeing twins. Me and my mother looked just alike both with long locs. "Mom--" "Don't. Speak. You've done enough. We now have to come clean up the mess you've created." "We?" I said standing up just as my father walked in with a stern look on his face. Fuck. I looked down at the ground because I couldn't face the man that showed me everything I knew. "Don't you dare hang your head low. You hold your head high and face this mess." He said walking up next to Ana's side looking at her with warm eyes. "Miss Anaese I am so sorry for one, the conditions we are meeting under. I have heard so much about you. Two the ordeal my daughter has put you through this past week." "Week?" Ana said looking at us all with a worried. "Yes honey you've been in a coma-like stare for 6 days." Debra walked in slowly looking at everyone in the room.

"Mom--"Ana began speaking "Now is not the time." she said putting her hand up and looking at my father. "What needs to be discussed is what we plan on doing about this situation." "When was the last time you talked to Derrick?" my mother said to Debra. "Actually I haven't spoke to him since Ana first got here." "Which means he already knows that Tiyuana killed Red. We can still have the upper hand in this situation." Everyone looked at Ana and then at me. "Ana we're going to let you get some rest and talk about this a bit later okay." She nodded her head and nuzzled back into the bed closing her eyes. Even in pain she looked beyond beautiful. It pained me that I was the reason she was here. I would do any and everything to fix this even if that meant sacrificing myself.

Stepping out into the hallway I shook my head rubbing my fingers through my locs. "Tiyuana it looks like you haven't slept in days?" Debra said looking at my as if she was concerned. "I haven't. I can't sleep knowing she's in here like this. It's all my fault for being so stupid and not thinking!" I hit the wall and all I could see was red. "Calm down Camora everything is going to be okay. Everything is going to work out just fine I promise. We are not going to let anything happen to Ana or you. Both of you are our main priorities. I know how you feel about this woman Camora and I as your mother, will make sure I can do everything in my power to help you fix this " my mother grabbed my hand and Debra's hand rubbing our knuckles.  I couldn't help but let the tears build up into my eyes. My mother loved me unconditionally and I loved her for that. She has always been my biggest supporter. "Thank you Camora that means so much." Debra said tears flooding her eyes as well.

The doctor approached us with all smiles on his face. We were all sitting in the waiting room together planning. "I have great news for you all. Anaese will be able to go home tomorrow morning.  All signs are a go. Her memory has come back in full effect. She's ready to be home with her family and friends. Who will be coming to pick her up tomorrow?" Everyone looked at me and I spoke up. "I will sir." He looked at me and smiled continuing, "Great. I'll be sending her home with some instructions that may be helpful with her return home. The heartache is over you all. It's time to breathe again. Anaese will be going home with you all tomorrow!" I don't know who was more excited, us or the doctor. It warmed my heart knowing my queen would finally be coming home. But I couldn't forget the plan we had came up with. So much to do in so little time.