Prologue

(This happens after he...I mean she escapes SAO)

Kirito's POV

I woke up in a hospital bed with several wires attached to me. I wait a bit to see if I'm still in that death game. I take the nerve gear off and I see my hair grew longer in these past two years. I'm a bit anxious to see outside that I pull the wires out except the IV wire of course. I try to stand up but my legs are too weak so I grab the IV dripper to support me. I slowly walk towards the window and when I get there I see something I didn't expect to see.

The moon was blown up in way that made it a permanent Cresent moon. It shocked me to say the least. What happened while I was in that death game? Who had blown up the moon? That made no sense to me. While I was pondering on who had blown up the moon my mom and the nurses rushed in. Oh, I had forgotten about the heart monitor. Must have set off an alarm of some sort.

"Kazuto! I was so worried about you!"

"Mom, calm down," I realized that I hadn't used my voice for two years and how raspy it sounded.

"Miss Kirigaya, please leave the room we need to speak with your daughter for a bit."
"Okay."

(Time skip)

After I was allowed to leave the hospital we went home. My mom was in the kitchen making dinner for us. I was walking to the kitchen when I saw her cutting some onions with a knife. I don't know why but I fell to the ground and started remembering my time in Sao.

Kirito's mom POV

I was cutting onions for dinner when I heard a thud.
"Kirito? Are you there honey?" I put down the knife and onion I was cutting and looked around. I heard panicked breaths from just outside the kitchen. I walked over there and saw Kazuto holding her head and sweating.

"Kirito! Can you hear me!" I didn't know what was going on. Is she having a panic attack? What is it?

"NOO! DON'T JUMP!" She was screaming and I was confused so I just hugged her until she was out of this state.

Kirito's POV

(Flashback)

After the ambush in the dungeon on floor 27 I returned to floor 12.

"Hey, Kirito where is everyone else?"

"They're not coming..."

"What do you mean?"

"Keita, they're dead..."

"What?! You could've saved them!"

"I tried! We couldn't teleport out!"

"It's no point now..." he started walking backwards.

"Keita?" I'm confused. What is he doing? He walked further back closer to the cliff to the void. I soon realized what he was doing.

"Keita! NOO! DON'T JUMP!" I was too late, he jumped off killing himself. All because I wasn't strong enough.

I was tempted to end it there. I grabbed a knife from my inventory and put it in front of my chest. I couldn't do it and I dropped the knife. It shattered and I remembered Sachi being killed by those monsters on floor 27...

(Flashback end)

I realized I was on the ground with tears in my eyes with my mom hugging me. My voice was sore and I assumed I had a panic attack because I was shaking like crazy. I then hugged my mom back. She seamed surprised but hugged back.

"Kazuto? Are you okay?" My mom's voice was filled with worry.

"I-I'm fine..." My mom can tell I'm lying but goes along with it.

"Just wait in the living until dinner is ready."

"Okay."

(Time skip)

This happened several times and my mom went to the hospital with me. I was diagnosed with PTSD. Apparently whenever I see a knife or sword of any kind I freak out and remember something from Sao, manly very scary and scaring moments.

We moved to a different part of Japan to start over kinda. I'm going to Kunugigaoka Junior high. Third year, where I left off. But I didn't know what would await there, the thing that blew up the moon.