Prolouge

*Alexanders POV*

I have three months to call off this wedding. But how do I do that without hurting Ethan too badly? How do I make him realise his feelings for me again? It has been a long time. He tucked those feelings away when he moved here, to Maryland. He's a doctor. And so is August.

There needs to be a plan. Should I make friends first and have them help me? Maybe I'll make friends along the way and tell them my plan when I trust them.

But should I even be doing this? I really don't want to hurt Ethan. But I can't do this without hurting him.

"Alex?" Ethan calls out.

"Coming." I yell from behind my bedroom door.

I get off of my bed and leave my room, going straight to the living room. It's movie night for Ethan and I. August picked up a night shift every Sunday, so instead of Ethan sitting alone, we declared that every Sunday we watch movies together. To him it's just a friendly gesture.

To me, it hurts. I love spending time with him but it makes my heart ache. We used to cuddle and kiss and fall asleep together when watching movies. Now he sits in a chair and I spread across a couch. Feet away from each other. The warmth I get is from a blanket rather than him.

I hate being such an emotional person. I was never one to be emotional. And being a vampire, heightens your senses and who you are in general. Which made me even less emotional. But now that Ethan is getting with August, I'm so emotional. It's a pain in the ass.

"Yo?" Ethan speaks up.

"Yeah?"

"Are you ready? You were like totally zoned out?" He says before sitting in his chair with half of the popcorn in a bowl.

"Yeah." I grab the blanket off the back of the couch and scoot my bowl to the end of the coffee table where I can reach it easily. Flopping on to the couch and covering myself.

"What do you want to watch?" He asks as he scrolls through Netflix.

"I heard The Princess Switch is okay, and it's new."

"Cheesy. I like it." The movie begins to play once he hits the button.

I try to focus on the movie, but honestly.. All I can think about is the wedding.

•A/N
YO SO THE PROLOGUE OF THE SECOND BOOK. BE PROUD. YES IT IS SHORT BUT I NEEDED A SMALL JUMP START INTO THE WHOLE SITUATION AND AS VIEWS INCREASE ON AUCTIONED OFF, I KNOW PEOPLE WILL FINISH QUICKLY AND WANT THE SECOND BOOK SO HERE YOU GO FRIENDS! xoxo Kat•