Chapter Fourteen

•Chapter Fourteen•
*Alexs POV*

"Are you sure about this?" Matthew asks for the one millionth time.

"Yes, Matty. you guys will set me up and I'm going to go out. We'll expose August and then bam. Happily ever after with the two love birds." Nadine looks at me, almost smirking.

I roll my eyes and tape the microphone around her torso.

"Where in the world are we going to put a camera where he wont see it?" I look at her.

"We got a really tiny one, Alex, no one is going to see it. Just put it on my collar."

I recall the events of yesterday where we were sitting in the store, practically yelling at one another about which camera to buy. We went with Nadines choice.

"There. Youre all set."  I smile at her.

"I'm so worried." Matthew looks at her sadly.

"You'll be fine. We already set the camera and microphone up with Alex's computer. You guys will see everything that happens. You know the location too." She smiles at him.

She looks down at her wrist, checking the time. "I have to go. I can't be late." She squeaks and hurries out the door.

I rush to my laptop and turn everything on. We can see Nadine rushing down the sidewalk on her way to the café he will pick her up at. We can also hear all the traffic. It's working perfectly.

**

As she sits in the car we can see the road ahead. Two long hours of us just sitting here, waiting for the action. I check again to make sure the recording sign is still going.

"Should I switch cards to make sure we have enough space?" I ask Matthew who's sitting beside me watching every move.

"Sure." He mumbles.

I quickly stop the recording, take out one card, insert a new empty one and press record again. All set.

They pull up to the weird old building. Nadine gets out and walks over to the men. She can't be at Augusts' side this time. She has to get him on camera. Thankfully we pointed it up slightly and tested it out.

"Ah..Natalie. Atticus." A man with a thick voice says.

Nadine turns slightly and gets August on camera.

"Hello Sir. Natalie has some information." August smiles down at her.

She turns fully back to the man. "Alex has a couple friends but he's relatively easy to get to. He doesn't go out much. Anything could be a weakness. He's sensitive."

I try not letting her words hit hard, knowing it an act. It's fine.

"Thats my girl" Matthew whispers beside me.

The sky is quite dark but its still light enough to make out faces. But the slight darkness makes it all eerie.

"So find a weakness and we can have him?" The man asks.

She turns the camera to August.

"We'll have Alex soon, sir. Ethan has no idea either. He won't stop talking about wedding plans though. This needs to happen fast or I'll end up in an unwanted wedding." August fake gags.

"Shut up Atticus. You came up with the idea. You met Ethan. You heard about Alex. You came rushing to me about making an 'ultimate species' this is all your idea. We're just executing it because you're human. Don't push your limits boy." The man growls.