Chapter 4 Proxies

After I rested, nobody was in the room I was in anymore. So, I got up and slightly opened the door, poking my head out. "Uh.. Splendor..?" No answer. "Splendor ain't here, but I am." Offender rounded the corner, his hands were behind his back. He was grinning. "This was a good time for you to wake up, I need to talk to you." He said, as he pushed me gently back into the room.

"What is it..?" I asked him. "Uh.. I just wanted to give you this!" He answered, taking his arm out from behind him. He was holding a red rose, it gave off a pinkish glow, and the pedals that fell off just floated around it. It was like the rose in my dream.. I reached out to grab it, a little hesitant. "NO, (Y/N), DON'T TAKE THE ROSE!" I heard Splendor yell, he had been watching us.

            Splendor ran over to me and Offender. I was confused at first. "Don't ever take any of his roses, their bad.. You can even ask Slendy, and everybody else." I still didn't get why they were so bad. "Why were you watching us, Splendor?" Offender asked, I could tell he was angry. "I wasn't watching you guys! I just so happened to be walking in at that very moment." "Liar. Now, get out." Offender said, sternly.

           It was clear that Splendor wasn't leaving any time soon. Offender turned me away from Splendor so that both our backs were facing him. He pulled out the rose again and held it, offering it to me again. I was even more hesitant this time but I still reached for it. Right before I could grab it, Splendor reached over our shoulders and grabbed it. "I'm only doing this for you, (Y/N).." Splendor held the rose close to his face and passed out, the rose falling slowly to the ground. The rose, for some reason,was now dead. He collapsed on the ground, unmoving. "What'd you do to him?!" I screamed at Offender, looking up at him.

          He teleported away, leaving me in this nightmare. I was right, I never do wake up from my nightmares.. I fell to my knees next to Splendor. What was I suppose to do..? I didn't even know what had happened to him. I just sat there, by his side.

         Offender came back into the room with Slender. "What happened?!" Slender said, he was clearly worried for his brother. "He took Offender's rose before I could, I don't know why he passed out, or why he even took the rose." I was telling the truth, if he didn't believe me, then I might die today. "Seriously, Offender?! This is why you can't keep doing this," Slender started walking towards Offender, "because every time, someone dies. It was always wrong anyway, and now look what you've done! This is all your fault, if it wasn't for your immature actions, this probably wouldn't have even happened. Sometimes I wish that you weren't living with me, I wish you weren't even my brother!" Slender punched Offender and Offender fell back-first into the corner of the table.

           I watched in horror as Offender touched his back and looked at his hand, which was blood stained. Slender didn't even care, he just picked up Splendor and teleported away. I wasn't sitting on the ground anymore, when Slender picked up Splendor, I had stood up. Offender grunted as he got up, using the table for support. That's when I noticed that he had fallen on a steel rod that was about 3 inches long, it was sticking through his leg. I was mortified. Just then, the door swung open. There was three people, all shorter than Slender. The first one was wearing a yellow hoodie and black mask, the second was wearing an orange jacket and white mask, the third was wearing goggles and a hoodie that was multiple colors, like dark green, black, brown, and blue.

         "What was all the noise?" asked the one is the yellow hoodie. "Who's that?" asked the guy in the goggles. "I-I'm (y/n)." They looked at me then at Offender. "The noise was just Slender pushing me into the table. Now, can you please go get EJ..? If you haven't n-noticed, I have a piece of steel sticking through my fricken leg." Offender answered, as he limped towards a chair and plopped down.

         "(Y/n), come with us, you can hang out with Jane while we get EJ and this.. thing sorted out. Also, if we haven't been mentioned to you yet, were Slender's proxies. I'm Hoodie, that's Toby, and this is Masky." He said, gesturing to everyone. I nodded and followed them out the door, up some stairs, and into what looked like a living room. "That's Jane," Hoodie said, pointing to a girl in a black dress and white mask,  "just stay here.."

        Hoodie, Masky, and Toby walked down a hall, taking a left at the end of it. I turned toward Jane, she was looking at me. "H-hi, I'm (y/n)." I said, as I did a little 'wave.' "Hi, not to be rude but why are you here? You look human and I know that Slender doesn't let humans in his mansion." I shrugged. "Maybe you're not human, maybe you just look like it." Jane said, looking me up and down.

         "Anyway, what happened? If you know what I'm talking about." "Offender offered me some weird, glowing rose. I was about to take it but Splendor said it was dangerous and took it before I could. Then he held it close to his face and passed out on the floor. The only thing I don't get is why he passed out on the floor because he held the rose close to his face." I explained to Jane. "Oh my god, I hope he's okay." Jane exclaimed. "Do you know why the rose made him pass out?" I asked, nervously. Jane sighed and explained it to me.

          "That's why he wanted to give me the rose.. That's why Slender said something about a spell.. And that's why Splendor said it was bad and tried to protect me.." I buried my face in my hands and cried.