Chapter One

The dry land flew by in a flash like my new life. The grass was as tall as my knees and almost as yellow as the hot sun beating down through the window. The windows of the car were rolled half ways down letting in a little cold air. The dry rolling hills and small farms growing large field of wheat and corn seemed to pass without another thought. It was calm outside almost peaceful, but as for inside the car it was chaotic for me. Something sharp dug into my side. I looked toward the source of my non-existent pain. "I had it first," screamed Leiana, and she shook my eardrums like an earthquake.

"No, I did," demanded Layla pulling the doll in her direction, making Leiana's elbows bruise my leg. They fought over a stupid pink stuffed horse with a rainbow horn on top of it.

Of all time to fight over the stupid....thing... what the hell even is it. I Thought about the dumb stuffed animal.

"You two stop! You're giving me a headache." I harshly whispered under my breath, glaring at the twins. They ignored me and continued to yell and fight over the doll.

I grabbed the horse thing and threw it behind me to be lost in the pile of bags and boxes. The girls stared at me with a look of horror and distrust. I knew what was going to happen next, the warm backhand of Aubree Johnson. She smacked me upside my head.

I looked at Aubree who sat behind me pretending not to see or do anything.

With that funny half smile smirk thing going on, I gave her a glare, one I knew if looks could kill, she'd be a body.

The twins laughed knowing what her smirk meant. She handed them back the pink doll of pain, with a soft smile to the girls. Leiana laughed at her with a big grin, and Layla held the horse in her hand with a gentle smile. Aubree glared towards me, before plugging her headphone back into both of her ears.

I knew what was to come, my untimely death. The twin gave each other a small smirk and nod.

"Let's kill Zachary" Leiana shouted --or at least that was what I felt like she was saying. I was not paying attention to what they were saying, as they beat up my arms, hitting me over and over with their hands and the pink doll of pain, screaming and laughing.

I wished death would welcome me with open arms to the afterlife. My legs and arms were all bruised up only two hours in from the start of the drive. We still had another 2 hours.

Yet death, he was at a bar somewhere in Georgia, most likely getting drunk enough to forget his many names. Like he did every Friday.

"Oh, Zachary honey," The sweet voice of Ms Johnson said loud and clear. "What do you think so far?" her voice echoed over the bickering and slapping of the twins hands.

"I think it sucks." I bluntly stated, pushing the twin aside. I tore away the pink doll of pain, and held it in my lap, giving the girls a glare. They stopped trying to get the doll, making them settle down, to just plain bickering.

"Well get used to it, we are gonna live here from now on." Mr. Johnson deep voice cut in, making me look up to the mirror, to see him glare at me from the passenger seat. He was obviously annoyed by my opinion.

I guess it was my fault we were moving anyway; I did almost kill that kid.

"So honey do you think you will learn to like it here?" she said, with hope, in her voice. I guess I've been a troubled child. Getting a new place to live will help.

"Ms Johnson I don't think so? it's too hot." I lied. The heat did not bug me, it was the fact I had to leave my hometown. Where I was born.

Were they died.