Chapter Three

"But mom! Calvin parents will be there and many other students." Aubree pleaded as Ms Johnson is setting up the dining table completely ignoring Aubree request.

"Not tonight honey you need to finish putting away your room." Ms. Johnson said.

Aubree scoffed at her, throwing her hands up. "I already finished my room." she yelled.

Ms. Johnson looked in her direction, giving her a look of 'don't lie to me'. "...Almost." she sheepishly murmurs. "Zachary will be there with me."

I growled slightly listening in on their conversation, As start working on my next math problem. I really don't want to go. I hate to go to a crowded room full of sweaty bodies on one another, but I know Aubree needs me there. She someone to drive her there and back. Ms. Johnson pauses for a few seconds thinking about it.

"Yes, but be home a little before 9:00," she said placing a tray of steamed green beans onto the table for dinner, In front of me. Good, they smell terrible. "And you have to eat dinner with us."

Aubree groans and sat next to me. " Zachary please put your homework away." is Johnson said handing me a plate.

"Yes, ma'am." I pick up all of my books and papers putting them into my black bag. I walked down the hall to the front door, throwing it into the hall closet for another day.

"DINNER!" Aubree screams from the bottom of the stairs. Hearing feet scatter along the floor above, I sit back down next to Mrs Johnson and Aubree, and across were the twins. Now that everyone was seated, we all grabbed our food, Mr. Johnson said the family prayer, as I began to eat my food quietly.

"Amen!" everyone said and dug in.

Mis. Johnson asked a question about Aubree day. Aubree gave smart ass comments about her day, she obviously got tired of the attention.

"Zachary blew up the chemistry lab," she stated and all eyes were on my dropped my fork down onto my plate. " I did not blow up the chemistry lab, I only made a slight mark on the wall, and it the kid's fault anyways."I said calmly in her direction."Plus I was not the one who skipped fifth period to go make out with Calvin."

"We were not making out. We only talked," she stated her face turned slightly pink.

"Oh yes, of course, it all makes sense, the lip gloss on his face was definitely his," I said sarcastically.

Mis. Johnson placed some of the green beans on my plate, causing me to glared in her direction. I pushed my plate away.

"honey, you need to eat more or you will never grow taller than Aubree." she teased.

I growled at her, bring my plate forward once again. I pick the vegetables. I closed my eyes and murmured.

"dulce tamquam scelerisque, justo ut dulce gustum." I opened my eyes and placed it into my mouth, slowly I chew. I tasted worse than an actually green bean itself.

God, what the good of having magic if I can not use it to help myself.

Mr. Johnson was nice enough to let me live here let alone adopt me. I guess sometimes it worth eating some of the nasty foods, in order to live with a family. I smiled slightly and continued to eat the nasty green beans till it was all gone.

"I know you don't like eating vegetables, but I got a special surprise." Ms. Johnson said, she gets up and walks over to the counter where a plate was being covered by a bowl.

Shit.

She brought the plate over to the table, holding the bowl.

"I Bought a triple chocolate cake, for all of us to share," she said, pulling the bowl up. She down to find it empty. I laughed lightly and felt sweaty.