Chapter 27

Daemon's POV

"Clare, we have a problem." I told her with an eye roll.

"Oh no, again?" She asked me with an exhausted look.

"My parents are coming over in three hours." I nodded.

I'm sure that it's the thought of my mother to come over once, but my dad probably planned on coming without really asking.

Clare looked at me with one raised brow. "Seriously? This is supposed to be a problem?"

"Yes?" I told her, that rather sounded like a question.

"No, it's not. We can finally see your mother, she's really so cute. I love her." She raved.

"My mother isn't the problem, silly. My 'beloved' father is, I'm sure he is coming here for a reason." I tried to explain.

I don't exactly know why he wants to come, but I think, he finally wants to talk to me about my secrets.

"Daemon, you're an adult. You can tell him your opinion to everything. Even though he's older than you and your dad, you obviously can show him, that he's not as imitating as he used to be." She tried to comfort me.

"You know, I might be the mafia king, but he's even worse than me. Trust me on this." The thought of my dad always made me angry.

"And you can trust me, that the next time he's being mean to you, I will backfire him and make him shut up. I mean, I think he likes me." She shrugged.

Clare has an attitude, that really makes me even more addicted to her. I'm so glad to have her for the rest of my life beside me.

"Oh shoot." She suddenly said.

"What?" I asked her confused.

"What am I supposed to make for dinner?" She asked panicking.

"Uhm, nothing?" I really didn't get her worry.

She slapped my arm and looked at me furiously. I had the urge to laugh, but held it in. My hands wandered to my pocket and took my cellphone out.

I immediately took pictures of her and ran away, while laughing.

"DAEMON THOMPSON, DO NOT MESS WITH ME!" She yelled and threw objects after me.

My stomach hurt from laughing too much. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't even breathe.

"I really hate you sometimes." She rolled her eyes, after I calmed down.

"I know you love me. You prove it to me every single night." I smirked.

I always made jokes like these, because that's how I can make her either blush or annoy her.

"Don't even start with those comments, you pervert. I am going to make delicious dinner and you can do whatever you want to do." She looked at me with big eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like this?" I asked her. "You really look creepy."

"Do you think I've gotten ugly?" She asked me with a serious voice now.

"Don't even start with those comments, Flower." I mocked her.

"Every time you think you're ugly, you get just prettier. Now, look at you. You don't look like a queen, but are a queen. I'm sure all the girls are jealous of you because of your face and your bomb body." How can she think she's ugly, when she's literally gorgeous?

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." She tried to fake-cry.

"You don't believe me?" I asked her shocked.