Chapter 42

Clare's POV

This time I'm not letting her ruin anything. My time, no Daemon's and my time is way too precious for her being able to ruin it.

"Hey Rob, how are you doing?" I asked him kindly.

"I'm good. How about you and the baby?" Rob asked in return with a wide smile plastered on his face, but there was something weird about him.

He looked so much paler and skinnier. I could see the dark rings under his eyes and his eyes looked so empty. The hazel color didn't seem to be as much filled with life as before.

What's wrong with him?

"We're fine. Thank you for coming over." I gave him a quick smile before we let them inside. My eyes never landed on Laura's ones, even though I could feel her nasty glance on me.

Daemon and I looked at each other for one second before we turned back and gave our full attention to our 'guests' that came uninvited, but at the same time we both knew that at least Rob was going to come.

"Why do you guys have wet hair?" Rob asked, when we arrived at the living room.

"We took a hot nice shower, but then you came and interrupted our steamy shower time." Daemon smirked at me, when he saw me blushing.

Kind of embarrassing, but I knew that Laura heard that, so it wasn't that bad of an idea. It's like Daemon is trying to show Laura that I'm his and he's mine. That's good.

"If we knew you would come over, I would have prepared something." I smiled apologizing.

Laura started laughing devilishly. "We wouldn't have wanted to eat something from you, anyways."

I just ignored her and gave Daemon a knowing smile. A smile that told him I was about to punch her. That little monster can be glad I'm pregnant or else she would've been bleeding out already.

Rob took her away from us to the corner of the room. His hand wrapped around her wrist tightly.

"Shut up, Laura. I'll kill you if you start doing that again, understood?" He whisper-yelled.

I don't know why he even tried to whisper, when we could hear every single word he said.

Laura's face expression didn't change one tiny bit. She rather looked bored.

"I want to talk to Rob about their relationship, because I feel like there's something wrong and I need to know what. Is it okay if I let you here with her alone?" Daemon put my face in between his large hands.

No, it's not. What type of question is that? What normal and healthy woman would want to stay with a type of person like Laura?

"Yes, it is, but please hurry up." I took his hand in mine. "I love you."

"I love you, too. It's going to take us two minutes only. Don't worry. If she does something stupid, call me immediately." He caressed my cheek before he gave me a kiss.

Sighing, Daemon called him. "Rob, I need to talk to you about something important. It doesn't take too long, though."

It kind of hurts how things have changed since Laura appeared. I wish she didn't exist, I mean she ruined everything.

"Can't we just talk here? I really don't want to be too formal today." Rob frowned.

My eyes widened at the look on Rob's face. He's never looked this vulnerable before, everybody knew him as the funny and happy man that never took anything too serious. But what I see now is a sad and tired man that lost all hope in life.