4)Aakrithi

Aakrithi's pov:

After 2 days.

"You are avoiding me?!" It was Aatharva.

"No absolutely not, You want some coffee?" I asked and concentrated on packing lunch boxes for Siddu and Aryan (Karthick's kids) . Aatharva is here to pick up kids to school since all of the other family members are still in hospital. Besides Shiva felt sending them in school buses is not safe till they track the shooter.

"Yes that would be nice" He said walked to the other side of the island where I was standing. I mixed two spoons of sugar in his coffee just as liked always. I chewed my bottom lip

"You are not a good liar kiwi" He said near my ears. I shiver. Then he leans in and pressed few kisses on my shoulder blades. No this should not happen.

"Krithi Athai " It was Dhira. She walked into the kitchen with her sleepy eyes. Holy shit!

Aatharva quickly moved away from me. This is embarrassing. I passed him a glare and moved towards her.

"Good morning honeybun" I said and kissed her cheeks as I picked her up. Aatharva slowly walked to the table and took his original seat like nothing happened in the last few minutes. Jackass!

"I am hangry" Dhira said cutely rubbing her palm on her tummy. I laughed and placed her in her high chair.

Then she addressed the elephant in the room.

"Aathu?! You are here?" Dhira literally jumped on the table and ran across to him.

"Yes little monkey I came here to see you" Aatharva said and kissed her forehead.

"I missued you" Dhira said and hugged him tight.

This girl is a serious hugger. Guess all the Aadhira genes went to this angel.

"Me too little monkey and you want to know what I got you this time?" Aatharva said in a mysterious tone.

Looks like I am not the only girl who he put a spell on.

"Where is it?" Dhira asked with sparkle in her eyes.

"You know the drill say the magic words" Aatharva said and she nodded.

"You are more stronger than daddy" Dhira said and Aatharva passed her the wrapped gift.

Typical men.

"AHH! Aathu got me a Rapunzel story book" Dhira beamed showing her gift to me.

"Thank you. Will you read it to me?" Dhira asked with her puppy dog eyes no one can really escape.

"Dhira don't trouble Aatharva he is busy..."

"Tonight before bed monkey" Aatharva said and once again placed her in the high chair

"I made your favourite waffles for breakfast" I said and placed the waffles in a neat bowl with Dhira's favourite chocolate sauce drizzled over strawberries on the top.

"Way to spoil a child" Aatharva hissed.

"It's like pot calling kettle black" I said just as Aryan entered with school uniform shirt half buttoned.

"Quick shoot me a maths question" Aryan said and looked at me.

"Good morning to you too Arya. Ok what is 48 multiplied with 92?"

"4,560 " Both Aatharva and Aryan said at the same time and hi-fived each other.

"That was super easy next one tough please" Arya this time said to Aatharva and grabbed a waffle from Dhira's plate while she was submerged in her new fairytale book.