7)Aakrithi

Aakrithi's pov:

I walked towards Karthick's room wanting to check on him before I crash into my bed and curse my existence. When I crossed my parents room I over-heard voices, my parents having a serious conversation more like an argument. When I about to enter I heard 'Aakrithi' and 'marriage' two different words in a same sentence. I should have packed my bags at the instant and caught the next flight to Delhi hearing those. But I stopped and listened to them. I wish it had came with an exclaimer like

Warning :Oh Darling Your life will go downhill from here.

"No more excuses Ranjith the only way to make her stay is by arranging her marriage soon!"
Mom said solid to my elder brother.

"Mom did you hear yourself? That is absurd. I will talk with her about staying here. But marriage is something big we should wait till she is ready. Please it's her life she has the right to decide!"
Ranjith said.

"No Ranjith don't argue with me on this. I am taking no chances when it comes to her. I want her safe. I want her married "
Mom said point blank.

"So you are implying that getting her married in a month would solve every problem we have now? Don't say me you already have a groom in mind?"
Ranjith asked. There was a minute of silence.

"Oh I do in fact."

"VASANTHI STOP IT ALREADY!"

Dad said. He kept quiet all this time.

"Oh let me Prakash. Ranjith you know our company is facing a huge loss past two years. If this continues same way soon we might have to give up the company. Both our family and our employees life's are at stake." Mom said.

"So?!" Ranjith asked not being able to connect the dots.

"The Doss company has offered a huge deal which can save the company but it has few conditions. The owner Lalit Doss has asked for Aakrithi's hand for his son and 20 percent of our shares."

Mom said and I can't believe what I am hearing.

"Did I misheard something Dad?" Ranjith asked. There was no answer from Dad.

"The family looks good and their son is also a doctor. It will be perfect for our Krithi."

Mom said and I decided to make my appearance hearing enough.

"Krithi you are back?!"
It was Ranjith he looked guilty.

"Good now I don't have to repeat anything again and again as if I am planning some terrorist attack."
My mom said.

"Did you accept the proposal already mom,dad? Does Karthick know about this?"
I asked solid.

"Oh I did. Your dad's decision is till pending. Krithi if you do this for us problems will not be fully over at least this it would lessen your dad's worries."
She said.
Here goes again the trump card.

"Listen Karthick does not know about this and I would prefer it to remain that way. He has already enough on his plate" Mom said.

"Mom you're under emotional stress you don't know what you're really talking. I promise we can work another way out to save the company."
I said.

"It is not only about company Krithi. We are worried about you and we are growing old I don't know how many more days we have to wait till you 'get ready for marriage'."

Mom said and wiped her tears off.

"Mom if you are going to continue this emotional drama I am taking the next flight to Delhi!"
I said as I reached the verge point of breaking down.