10) Aakrithi

I rushed towards the washroom and tried to stop the running tears. My parents can't know. Karthick can't know. Nobody can know.

I tried to assess the damage Veer has already done. I felt shortness of breath and felt excruciating pain when taking a big breath. Definitely a cracked rib.

Bruises had already started to appear. Few nail scratch marks in my waist where he put his hand to hold me tight in position.

Veer's disgusting smile came to my mind. I remember how he enjoyed my pain and every tear that escaped my eyes.

How did I end up in this situation again?

How long can I hold his abuse this time?

I am fearing this is just a start and he is nowhere finished with me. I have to be strong – for the sake of my family.

I took the paper towel nearby and rubbed away the smudging kajal. Just as I finished. There was a knock on the door.

"Just a minute" I said and tried to fix my face somewhat. My body felt sore. It hurt even to take few steps to the door.

I opened the door and saw the least expected person. I tried to walk past him but felt a tug at my wrist. For a moment all I wanted to do was throw myself into his arms and let him protect me from the monster. But I can't do it. I can't be selfish. Remember my whole family in on the line?

Aatharva pulled me back into the washroom and locked the door. I can't break down now. I have more skeleton's than dresses hanging in my closet. I can't let him know that.

I need to push him away.

"What are you doing?" I hissed. He took predatory steps towards me and I walked back to hit the platform.

"What the f*ck you are ..." He walked to me and kept his forefinger over his lips signaling to keep quiet. I kept my hand on his chest to stop him from leaning towards me more.

His other hand came close to my face. I flinched back. He looked hurt.

He would never physically hurt me. I know. It was a in-voluntary response.

Aatharva lifted my chin and made me look at him. I am afraid that he could see through me.

"You looked happy outside" He said and I could faintly smell alcohol.

For a minute I pictured this scene would be different.Nada.

He was here because of his overwhelming pain / jealously of seeing me with someone not because he found me acting different.

Nothing changed same old Aatharva innocent of not knowing what really is going on with me and drowning in his own pool of self-pity and pain.

"I am feeling HAPPY Aatharva! It was not an act." I corrected his sentence wiping the tears away and moved apart.

"So you are back with your multi-talented doctor boyfriend, I see" He said with a smirk. I felt like a bucket of freezing water was dumped on me.

"What do you want from me now?" I said directly jumping into the matter. I can't hold much longer with him throwing hurtful words at me. He swayed and moved around. I could see how pained he was.

"Come with me" He said and my eyes widened.

"Oh now you want me to runaway with you. Leaving all this behind?" I asked and he looked pissed.

"Then what is the course of action - you will marry me?" I asked and laughed.

"Yes if that what you want-A legal paper stating we are together"