Asher

"Just rest for a few days and you should be good to go again in no time."

After Alice, which is the name of the fawn haired nurse, apologized for the about hundredths time to me for throwing me into the job on the first day like that, I finally got to put on my scrubs and get my first few patients in. It's a little weird in this whole new and very different workplace but in the end I do the exact same as in my last hospital so I guess it's alright. Noe, the male nurse who seems to be french, showed me where most of the rooms are that are important for me to know. Including the cafeteria where he told me to meet him at our break. As I was on my way to do that, I step into one of the many, pretty confusing hallways, just to witnessed two women in a conversation. One of them looks like she's a nurser here, but as my eyes trail over to the other women they widen in shock for a second.

Her mostly black clothes are ripped at some parts and got blood stains all over them. Her face, arms and hands are all bruised and covered in slight dried red liquid that still drips onto the floor. She looks like she just got out of a car crash or a well...really bad fight. Still, besides all the bruises and blood, her outshining beauty is obvious and I can't help but admire her sharp facial features. Her short, pitch black hair frame her face even more. She really does look like something else. Something that includes trouble. A lot of trouble.

"But why didn't she just tell me...?

Her voice snaps me out of my trance and I shake my head at the thought of how stupid I must have looked like, just staring at them. I don't really want to pry into something that's none of my business but I can't help but do as they mention a doctor that seemed to have left the hospital recently. I wonder why she's so interested in her...

"I'm really sorry Raven, I have no idea. Maybe it was to make it easier to you...? But we just got a new doctor from another hospital to take her place. He seems very kind, so no need to worry! I— Oh look! There he is, Doctor Kim!"

Most people probably wouldn't notice the slight sad look on the woman's face at the nurses statements, because it immediately vanished again as the nurse spotted me and pointed at me with one hand. I stop myself from looking like a lost mess and put a casual expression on my face before slowly walking up to the two women. The one in the bloody clothes, Raven, lightly raises an eyebrow at me while not really discreetly inspecting me. She keeps quiet and has absolutely no sign of an emotion on her face nor shows any reaction as I speak up.

"Uhm..yes that would be me. So..how can I help?"

Wow Ash, great question. It's so not obvious that she needs medical help or something, absolutely not. To my surprise the injured woman lets out something like a quiet chuckle or scoff and looks down on her ripped clothes before trailing her eyes up to me again.

"Oh I'm just here to visit someone of course, why else would I be here, Doctor?"

I'm a little thrown off by her sarcastic comment and quickly clear my throat, letting out a small nervous laughter afterwards. The nurse that's just standing there gives us both a small nod before running off as an alarm on her waist started beeping. I look after her for some seconds before turning back to Raven, who's now trying really hard to look casual while leaning against the wall behind her. My head shots up to her face as a quiet hiss leaves her lips and she clenches her ribs in pain. I quickly step up to her and gently put a hand under her arm to support her. She just looks at me with her big green eyes, no expression what so ever on her face.

"I guess I should get that checked out, huh?

I watch as she bites her lip after saying that, obviously in terrible pain and give her a small nod before leading her to one of the rooms. I guide her to the hospital bed and let her sit down. She keeps biting her lip as she does so and I quickly go to get some alcohol.