Chapter 32

"Daddy," I cheered happily as he walked into the room. I had been playing with some toys and enjoying being little. I'd managed to slip into little space a few hours ago, so I was thoroughly enjoying the stress-free state of mind.

"Hey little one," Daddy said, scooping me up in his arms and hugging me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Can't Daddy just hold his little girl?" He asked.

"I guess so," I said, throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly. He held me in return, carrying me over to a rocking chair to cuddle. The rocking chair was a fairly new addition to the room. It came home with us from Alaska.

"Babygirl, I know today was very stressful for big Vivian. So, how's little Vivvy feeling?" He asked.

"Sad, but better since I'm with you Daddy," I said.

"Does Vivvy wanna cuddle and rock for a while?" Daddy asked.

"Yes please," I said, snuggling closer to Daddy as if I was cold.

"Way to use your manners little one. Daddy's super proud of you," he said, kissing my temple. He grabbed a soft blanket from the basket by the rocking chair and wrapped it around me.

"Does my princess want a paci?" Daddy asked. I nodded slightly, suddenly feeling very tired. When I get tired, all I want is cuddles and a pacifier.

"If you want to get some sleep, go ahead princess. Daddy's right here. I'll protect you," he said, rocking the chair slightly as he rubbed my back.

"Story?" I asked, mumbling the words around the pacifier in my mouth.

"Story or song?" Daddy asked.

"Story about you," I said softly.

"Now, why on Earth would my princess wanna hear a story about my sad little southern life?" He asked causing me to smile.

"Cause I love you," I said.

"I love you too, Vivian Joy," Daddy said. He started telling me about growing up in Texas, but I fell asleep only a few sentences in.

When I woke up, I'd fallen out of little space and started to panic because I couldn't find Daddy.

"Shh, I'm right here, princess. It's okay," he said, running into the room and practically jumping onto the bed so that he could hold me tightly.

"I woke up and you were gone," I said, sobbing into his chest.

"I know princess, I know. I just went to talk to Carlisle for a minute, but I'm back now," he said.

"I, I think I had a bad dream," I said. Usually when I have bad dreams while in little space, I fall out of little space. I don't know why, but it's always happened that way.

"I'm sorry princess. I'm so so sorry. Daddy's here. You can slip again," he said, kissing the top of my head. He held me against his chest, cooing to me softly so that the panic would pass. I always freak out when I wake up alone, but it's even worse when I slip in or out of little space while sleeping.

"It's okay," he said softly. "I love you princess. More than you'll ever know."

"I love you too Daddy," I said, finally calming down and accepting the paci that Daddy was offering to me.