4 - The Nigerian Job Part 4

"Good afternoon. Mr. Dubenich, we are honored by your presence," they heard the Nigerian tell Sorenson over the comms.

"No, no, the honor is entirely all mine, getting in on the ground floor of something like this is a wonderful opportunity," Sorenson replied.

Sang sat with her saviors, as she had taken to calling them in her head, at a café across the street from a large office building. Mr. Ford had told her about what they were doing. A part of her felt sorry for her father but knew he was only reaping what he had sowed.

Hardison typed away on his computer as Parker joined them. Sang was still trying to get a read on all of them. They seemed nice enough but they were criminals. She had always been taught criminals were bad people but these were some of the best people she had ever met. Not that she had met many people in her short life.

"Nice job on the zip line," Nate told Parker. Sophie was almost late in getting Sorenson from the lobby and had to use Parker's favorite method of transportation in order to get there in time.

"Totally thought she was going to break a leg. Not bad for a first time," Parker replied grinning. Sang took a small sip of her tea in order to hide her own smile. They all quieted listening in to the conversation coming from inside the building.

"She's closing it up," Nate stated smirking. Soon enough Sorenson exited the building a satisfied look on his face as he got into his car and drove away. Sophie followed soon after joining the rest of the team.

"We got him?" Nate asked her.

"We own him." Sang finished her tea as the others began packing up their stuff.

"Okay gang, let's go. We got a busy day tomorrow," Nate told the team his gaze lingering on their newest addition. She seemed to be coping well enough but he was still worried about her.

"This is going to work, right?" Sang asked them.

"I guarantee it," Nate told her with absolute confidence. This sick bastard was going down.

                Sorenson made it back to his office in record time

Sorenson made it back to his office in record time. He grabbed his head engineer and drug him into his office.

"This is insane. We are risking everything," he told his boss. Sorenson motioned for him to be silent as he bent down to look under his desk. The engineer cut off upon seeing the flashing red light on the black transmitter. They walked back out of the office before the engineer asked what it was.

"It's a transmitter and they've been listening to everything I've been saying."

"Who are they?" Sorenson pulled out his phone and showed the picture he had received. Nate and Sophie were clear as day talking to each other.

"Who do you think? Also, I've checked, there's no office for the African Commercial Trade Initiative anywhere in the city. They've been hustling me and I know exactly what they're doing. Tomorrow, it stops. Get the FBI on the phone." Sorenson refused to be played a fool. He would not let them ruin everything now.