5. C.D.C.? It's hell!

Shane's P.O.V.

Flashback Hospital before all went down

I didn't know what to do. I was panicking like never before. Rick was in a coma after being shot at and losing a lot of blood. I called Lori to explained her what happened to her husband right after I was sure Rick was going to be fine. Then, when I knew that she would be at Carl's school, I drove there with a patrol. I wanted to see and make sure that the little man was going to be alright. I don't know how Ruby reacted to this bad news but I wished I was there when she learned about it. Few days later, things got weird. We would see people bitting other people. What was the most weird and the most unbelievable was that they are coming back to life. It looked like a mad sickness. When I remarked that things got worse and worse quickly, I decided to take Lori, Ruby and Carl with I far away from Atlanta. However, I knew they wouldn't let me take them away without taking Rick with us. This is why I rushed to the hospital before driving back to the Grimes's house.

I am in Rick's hospital chamber as I hear people in the corridors screaming. I need help, I don't know what to take off of Rick's body without killing him. The machine that helps him breath? The perfusion? I don't know anything about medicine. And I can't let him here with this crazy sickness. I walk out of the chamber, hoping to find a nurse. But all I find is an empty and dark corridor. I look on my right and see men wearing uniform and guns. I watch them shooting at people's head, bullets going across their while head. That was horrifying even though after years in the police. Suddenly, nurse are coming my way, looking scared as they run to exit the building.

- Whoa, whoa. Ma'am... Ma'am, please, I stop a woman and grab her by her shoulders so she'll look at me in the eyes. Please, can you help me? I ask gently and politely as I feel nervous for my best friend.

- No, no! Cries the nurse before running away to join her co-workers who are probably far now.

- Check them all. Check them all, I turn around and see one of those men in uniform shooting at a human in the head. This one didn't seem infected. As I started to panic, I returned inside Rick's chamber, knowing those men haven't see me.

- Okay. I'm gonna get you out of here, bud, I whisper to my unconscious best friend as I try to take him in my arms in bridle style so I can run out of the hospital easily. But the beeping machine brought me back to reality. Rick will most probably need those things to survive. I put him back down and walked around his bed to check closer to those machine. Okay. Okay. What do I do? I whisper to myself this time. I was still looking at the machines when I hear someone coming. I quickly hide under Rick's bed as the door gets open only a second later. That was so close.

- Come on, corporal. Move out! Screams one of the uniformed guy in the corridor. I hear the door getting closed. I stand back up and stare down at Rick's face with a slight hope and pleading eyes.

- Listen to me. If you're gonna wake up, I need you to do it now. Okay? Now, I repeat, hoping he will hear me. But my unconscious best friend didn't move. Please, man, just show me a sign, I put my head on his chest and try to catch any heartbeats. I can't hear nor feel anything. Anything. Please, Rick, I plead my friend after straightening up again. I walk around the bed again and re-enter the corridor.

Men are now at the opposite of the corridor, shooting at those things or humans in their head. I can hear people screaming of scaredness and pain. I looked at them panic before turning around. I was about to run when I remark some of those sick people coming toward my way. Come on, this is a living nightmare. It can't be real! I stay near the chamber of Rick and look from left to right few times, weighing the pros and cons.