11. Lies, lies and lies

Ruby's P.O.V.

Carl, mom and I are in the chicken coop, feeding the chickens. It feels so good to finally be able to walk and breath fresh air. It is only morning and the sun is barely up. We have to appreciate the freshness of the morning before the heat of the day comes, which should be soon. I grab a hand full of seeds before throwing them to the chickens. At least, few things here doesn't worry about when there last day is coming or what is going to attack them. Suddenly, I hear the door of the chicken coop being open behind Carl and I. I turn around and see Patricia. I faintly smile at her but she looks away. She probably hasn't seen me.

- Don't look so worried, I hear my baby brother saying to our mother. 

- It's my job, answers, mom, smiling and throwing some seeds as well.

- No, it's not. You're a housewife, replies, Carl, smirking.

- Yeah, punk? tells, mom, throwing a hand full of seeds at my brother playfully. I hear him laughing amused. I look down before grabbing a hand full of seeds again, feeling put aside. Again! I'm kind of used to it when I'm with them. You see my house around here? Carl looks at me, smiling happily. I crack a smile, trying to act normal so Carl won't see anything. A housewife, whispers, mom, in disbelief. I see my mother looking at Patricia. I turn around and glance a the blonde woman in the chicken coop, glancing at us without happiness. It must be so hard for her since her husband's death.

- They don't have a mother, I hear my baby brother stating. I turn back around and look at the cute chicks, eating the seeds on the ground.

- She might be somewhere else, I tell him.

- Maybe she got eaten, I look at him, arcing an eyebrow while mom looks at him surprised. Everything is food for something else, neither mom or I say something. I turn back to look at Patricia when I see her leaving the chicken coop with a huge bag. I wonder what's inside...

Patricia's P.O.V.

I enter the back of the barn, the one a bit distant from the house and the chicken coop, holding tightly a chicken so it won't go away. I push some chains off my way before near the small hole in the wooden wall. I can see the Grimes family from here and they don't seem to have remarked that I am gone. I turn around and walk toward the table in the center of the barn. I grab the paws of the chicken and break them one by one. The chicken struggles and cackles, hurt and scared in my arms. I'm sorry for doing this to this animal but I have to feed my family. I put the chicken inside a bag before closing it so it won't go away. I grab the bag and place it on the wheelbarrow. I walk toward the barn, pushing the wheelbarrow as I hear the chickens cackling in the bag. Wait... Suddenly, I hear a horse galloping not too far from me. Nervous Nelly? She's back! Well, that's good but I have to do this first. We've been doing it since the beginning so let's continue. I arrive to the back of the barn and I take the bag off the wheelbarrow before climbing up the wooden ladder. I step toward the edge of the plateform before emptying the bag in the void. The walkers are growling hungerly under I as the three chickens are landing on the ground. Those monsters rush to the chickens and snatch them up, chewing the flesh of the animals. I look sadly and disgusted at the scene before turning around and leaving the barn to go to my occupation.

Glenn's P.O.V.

- Couldn't you be more obvious? asks me, Maggie, as she arrives next to me with a basket full of fruits. I was looking at the barn with Shane's binoculars. How can Hershel keeps them inside? Why not killing them? He knows what this things can do. Here, enjoy, tells me, Maggie, puting the basket down.

- Are you trying to buy my silence with fruit? I question her, annoyed, serious and with disbelief as well. It looks like the  Greene family is not measuring the severity of the situation.