One

Don groaned, turning over in his bed and covering his face with a pillow as the sunlight went straight into his eyes. Drifting off to sleep once again he sighed; he absolutely under no circumstances wanted to go out today. Unfortunately for him, his pesky older brothers had other plans.

꧁꧂

"Don~!" Duni whined, shaking his brother back and forth to wake him up, only to be met with muffled groans of disagreement. "Don get up!! Its Halloween!!" "Duni I told you he wont wake-" "Im up, what now." Don shot straight up, interrupting Ddawn. Even if Ddawn didn't care, Don loved proving him wrong.

"Finally! My lord," Duni huffed, "Get dressed, the party is tonight!"

"Party?" Don questioned, still half asleep. Ddawn rolled his eyes, "Of course you forgot, imbecile." "Imbecile?" "Come now, friends, no fighting!" Duni laughed nervously, putting himself between the two. Don thought for a moment, What party? You could almost see the gears turning in his head when it suddenly hit him.

"Right, the dumb halloween party." Duni gave Don puppy dog eyes, almost whimpering as he mumbled out, "My party's not dumb.." "Whatever, whatever! Duni dragged me in here to wake you up, and now you're up, so i'm going back to my room!" Ddawn huffed, leaving the two younger brothers to themselves.

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed, huh Don?" Duni giggled as Don slowly got out of bed, "Sure." He wasn't listening.

"Its a good excuse to see Dashlie and Dick, right~?" This immediately caught Don's attention. The two had gone on a trip to Oregon to stay with a relative of theirs, and they'd be coming back this afternoon. He smiled at the thought of seeing his friends again again, but quickly brushed it off, hoping Duni didn't notice

"Ooo, that was a smile I just saw! Whatcha thinking about?" Duni asked. "Nothing! Its nothing," Don managed to muster. "You're lying, its because you missed them, isn't it, you little liar!" Duni laughed, tackling his brother to the ground by jumping onto him. "AGH- GET OFF!!" Don yelled, struggling to get out of his older brother's grasp. Duni would have said 'NEVER!' if it weren't for the fact that Don had swiftly kneed him... well im sure you know where.

Don brushed himself off as he picked out his clothes for the day. "DON WHY!!" Duni cried out in pain, but he once again wasn't really paying. Nobody in his group of friends were really into costumes, so he just picked a regular old outfit: An orange cardigan sweater with a white long sleeved shirt under it, some ripped light brown jeans held up by a dark brown belt with a golden buckle, and his favorite dark brown boots. Pulling the clothes out of his closet, he turned to Duni, who has just barely recovered from the pain.

"Go to your own room, loser." Duni groaned and walked groggily towards the door, "Fine.." He sighed, closing the door behind him.

Don quickly got dressed, grabbed his blue gloves and brown beanie, heading down the stairs to find his mother and his father all at the couch. "Morning Donathan," His father greeted, noticing his son coming down from the stairs. "Morning dad." His mother quickly took noticed and smiled. "Don, your boyfriend called the family phone after you didn't pick up."

This took Don off guard, "Boyfriend..?" "You know, Richard?" His face went red, "He's not my boyfriend, mom!" She laughed nervously, "My mistake, but he wanted to let you know that he and Dashlie are going to the icecream parlor and they want you to come."

"Alright, I'll get going then. Need any groceries?" He asked as he opened the door, grabbing his skateboard and backpack that were seated by the door. "Hmm.. nope! Not that I can think of. James, do you need anything from the store?" She asked, turning to Don's father. "Im all set. Have a good day Don!" They both smiled at him. "You too," He smiled back, heading out the door.

꧁꧂

Don's skateboard skidded to a stop once he arrived at the icecream parlor. Noticing Dashlie and Dick were not outside, he picked up his skateboard and headed inside. The bells above the door let out a little ring as two familiar faces turned towards him.

"Long time no see guys," Don smiled at them, "seems like you didn't wait for me." Dashlie rolled her eyes, smiling as well, "We didn't know if you were gonna show up, but someone was very hopeful, huh Dick?" She giggled, nudging her twin brother. He seemed to snap back into reality, very confused, "What? Oh, uh.. here Don."

Dick looked off to the side, nudging a cup of Cookie Dough icecream toward the orange haired boy, who seemed very surprised. "Oh, thank you!" He smiled, reaching into his bag to find some money, "How much was it?" Dick quietly laughed, "Forget paying me back, its fine." "You sure?" "Yep."

Dashlie fake-gagged, "Get a room, ew." Annoyed, Dick punched Dashlie in the arm who let out a yelp, "You bitch!" After a moment, the three of them started laughing.

"Man, it was so boring around here without you two." Don sighed, thinking of something to say. "Yeah, Oregons great and all but its way nicer here." Dashlie commented, giving Don a thought.

"What'd you guys do up in Oregon?" He asked, taking a bite of his ice cream. The two glanced at each other for a moment. "Our uncle runs a bakery so we ended up staying at his farm where he gets ingredients. At first it was super gross but after a while it became kinda fun," Dashlie responded.

"It was really gross actually," Dick corrected, "But either way the animals were pretty nice. I got to do some garden work too so that was nice."

The three chatted for a bit longer, catching up after what felt to them like forever, when Don was interrupted with a phone call.

"One sec guys.. hello?" Don spoke into the phone.

"Hey carrot-top, get home! We've gotta set up!!" Duni exclaimed, his excitement quite noticeable.

Don groaned, moving his phone away from his ear momentarily before bringing it back, "Yeah, im coming, be there in a bit." He sighed, hanging up.

"Guessing that was Duni," Dick smiled a bit. "Yeah, i'll see you guys tonight. Later dudes." He did a little peace sign before walking out the door and grabbing his skateboard.

Smiling to himself, he set his skateboard down and hopped on, pushing himself forward and riding off.

___________________
Word Count: 1103

sorry for it being so late guys!! ive been playing a lot of video games w my cousins lately 🙈
Date: 7.16.20