One.Five

"Hey guys.. its me," A man sighed, sitting with 5 graves. "I know that theres not actually anything here.. but.." He paused for a moment, his voice becoming shaky as he set his hat down.

"Its been a while. A lot has happened since i've come here. The neighbors kids are all grown now. Their names are.. very similar to you guys." He laughed sadly, looking at the graves.

He did a double take when he noticed a folded letter sticking out from the side of one of the graves. Curious, the man picked it up, opening it to reveal a drawing of a train with the words 'hide and seek' over it. His eyes lit up, and he ran off from the cemetery, leaving his hat behind.

꧁꧂

   Duni huffed in annoyance, "Didn't even let me say bye, asshat," He mumbled angrily, setting his phone down. As soon as he started walking away from it, it started giving off an emergency warning, which he rolled his eyes at. Checking the notification, he read the words to himself.

"Davis Brown, age 41, last seen.. at Softlanding Beach." Curiosity overcame him as he checked the local news. Duni pressed play and set his phone in front of him, laying down on his bed.

"Good evening Softlanding. We interrupted our regular schedule with an emergency report." The first reporter spoke. "A man by the name of Davis
Brown, age 41, has gone missing as of 2 days ago. He was last seen at the bay, but many say that they also saw him at the cemetery earlier that day." A second reporter continued.

The first reporter nodded, "This was confirmed by a hat that Mr. Brown has been regularly seen wearing in front of a young girl named Ashlie Martinez's grave. He lives in 4013 Tea Garden avenue. If anyone in the area sees him, please report it to the local authorities. Further details to come." He finished as the recording ended.

"Hey, so that's who lives next door!" Duni sat up, then smiled and chuckled a bit, "I guess not anymore if he's gone to the bay." Realizing he was laughing, Duni scolded himself. Before he could finish, Duni's eyes widened as he got an idea.

"This should be fun." He smiled to himself, going off to Ddawns room.

_______________
words: 387

mini chapter before chapter 2 comes out

Date: 7.18.20 @ 2:50 am