Hang Over Café

Author Note: This is an old story that I republish due to minor editing and i also want to get it back on track again as i haven't continued on the story for more than a year now I think. Anyhoo, happy reading.

Chapter One

     August cursed after vomiting all his gut out in the toilet. He then dizzily got up to the bathroom counter and splash some cold water on his face. He should have listened to Manang Ana, he thought sighing at the pathetic sight of him in the mirror. He then splash more water to his face and gargle some mouthwash to wash out the disgusting taste of vomit in his mouth.

     Still feeling dizzy, he left the bathroom and made his way to the bedroom. His bedroom was a mess with clothes scattered all over the floor and an unmade bed with a naked woman sleeping in it. August didn’t go back to bed and instead went to the kitchen as his stomach was grumbling from hunger. He searched for food but the only thing that he found was some crackers which obviously isn’t enough for his hungry stomach. 

     He groaned with this but still ate the crackers as he went back to the bedroom and dress up his nakedness. He then pick up his wallet and phone on the floor and left his penthouse to find a place to eat. Although he could just call for room service if he wants to but his stomach was craving for something else.

     “Magandang gabi Sir August.” Bati ng night duty guard sa kanya na si Manong Rody pagkalabas niya ng main lobby ng hotel. 

     “Anong maganda ngayong gabi Manong Rody?” Tanong niya sa guard habang nakatingin sa kalangitan. The night sky was clear tonight.

     “Nadagdagan na naman ako ng apo Sir.” Masayang sagot ni Manong Rody sa kanya.

     August then look back and gave the night guard a congratulatory smile. “Congrats, ilan na ba?”

     “Pang-lima at pang-anim na po.” The guard answered proudly.

     August raised his brow with this. “Twins.”

     “Opo, may lahing kambal kasi ang bayaw ko. Nga pala sir, pa saan kayo? Itatawag ko ba ang sasakayan niyo?”

     “Wag na Mang Rody.” August shook his head. “Gusto kong maglakad lakad.”

     “Ah, mag-ingat kayo sir at baka mapaano kayo.” Paalala ni Manong Rody.

     “Merci Manong.” August thank the trusty night guard as he then walk away from the hotels entrance and to the direction he didn’t know where to.

     August was walking the lonely sidewalk of Makati for about half an hour when he saw a café still open on the corner of the road across. He search for a pedestrian because even though there was no vehicles passing by he was still a law abiding citizen of the Philippines.

     “Good evening Sir.” The guard greeted him as he opened the glass door. The place was almost deserted. The only costumer was a group of people at front and a cuddling couple at the back of the place. Well, who would expect the place to be full on eleven in the evening anyway. But for August it was a good thing that the place was almost deserted as he wants to be alone.

♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥

     “Hi Sir! Good evening! Ano po ang order natin?” Masayang bati ni Joy sa bagong dating na costumer, na kumunot naman ang noo dahil sa pagbati niya. Joy thought that the costumer was weird for reacting negatively on such a positive approach.

     “Isang meal na magpapawala ang hang over at gutom ko.” The costumer ordered.

     Ngayon ay alam na ni Joy ang dahilan kung bakit napasungit ng bagong costumer. But then she thought that napaka-aga naman para sa costumer na to na magkaroon agad ng hang over. It was still eleven in the evening and mostly people are just about to get drunk at such time and not already have a hangover. Pero sino ba naman siya para husgahan ang costumer na to? Sabi nga sa nabasa niya, to each on his own. And speaking of hangover at gutom ay alam na alam niya kung ano bagay na order sa kanya.