Oration 2: Intertwined

They are shopping when Stiles meets the Hales and they don't have animal spirits. Not Talia, Cora or Laura. Not even Derek. But then he sees the aura enveloping the Hales. All of the children's' are blue while Talia's is red. Stiles squints and the auras becomes clearer and he can see a wolf's head covering Derek's, wispy blue fur running along his exposed skin and he could see the long furry tail wagging side to side from Derek's back. It makes Stiles giggle. Stiles is fascinated. He has never seen anyone so intertwined with their spirits.

Stiles looked up into Derek's eyes. He can see the blue light shining through the bright green eyes, glinting with brilliance when Derek looks right back. They are beautiful.

"Wow. You look so pretty." Stiles says, awestruck.

Derek blushes deeply and Stiles could hear Laura snickers beside him. "Uhm thanks." Derek says awkwardly and smiles shyly at Stiles.

"I'm Stiles." He offered his hand and his dragon climbs down from his shoulder to his wrist, tail wrapping around his forearm for balance.

"Derek."

Derek grasps his hand. Stiles instantly feels Derek's confusion and curiosity and happiness. Then all of the sudden his aura disintegrates and Stiles watches in amazement as it reforms into a wolf. It sniffs his hand and barks happily. It then nuzzles the back of his hand. Stiles tries to evade it because of the weird and bad feeling he gets every time he touches others' animal spirits. But it is already so close, he just can't escape. Instead of being assaulted, Stiles feels it belongs and it is right. That something settles comfortably under his skin and he wants to run his hand through its head. His dragon crooned then it leaped on the wolf's head and hugged the wolf's head, just behind it's ears. Its head nuzzles between the wolf's eyes. Stiles' smile widens when he still doesn't get assaulted by that weird and bad feeling.

"I like you!" Stiles says, looking up at the older boy and grinning. Derek's eyes widen in surprise.

"Mom, Derek got a boyfriend!" Laura teases, practically shouts for the world to hear. Talia chuckles.

"No, I don't have!" Derek says, glaring at his sister. Derek's face is crimson red but he isn't mad, Stiles can feel it through his spirit. Derek feels embarrassed and annoyed. The wolf has its ears dropped down and he can almost hear it whimpering.

"What's wrong?" Stiles asks, squeezing the older boy's hand.

Derek's feelings settle down back to contented and calm with just tiny bit of annoyance. Derek looks back at him with surprise and awe. "Nothing's wrong. Laura's just being mean again."

"Okay." Stiles turns to Laura. "You! Stop being mean to Derek."

"Oh my god Derek! He's adorable!" Laura squealed pinching his cheeks. Stiles is assaulted by the weird and bad feeling instantly. Stiles moves away as Derek pulls Stiles away from Laura. His dragon hisses at Laura and Derek's wolf growls threateningly.

"Don't touch him." Derek sternly tells his sister, almost like a growl. Laura gasped at his brother's tone. Talia watched them worriedly.

"Sorry, I was just pinching his cheeks. I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Stiles shook his head because nobody really knows how it feels to be touched by another spirit.

"Just don't do it again. It feels... wrong." Derek said tersely, his thick eyebrows knitting dangerously into one. He was a little baffled.

"Stiles." Claudia calls, finally finding his wayward son. She bends over him and picks him up. Stiles has to let go of Derek's hand, the wolf spirit disintegrates and reformed back to Derek. "What did I tell you when we are shopping?"