Oration 5: Spirit World

Everything has a song. A melody only they can hum. A tree. A flower. A bird. Humans have a more complicated score that their spirit animal gives a second voice. Each and every one of it is different. When Stiles connects to his spirit animal, he can hear this around him. It muffled at first, just white noises in the background. The only clear song he can hears was his own and his spirit animal.

"Can you hear that?" He asks the wolf the first time he heard the songs. The wolf tilts its head, ears flicking with curiosity. Stiles let the warm feeling around his body vibrate and he found his voice singing a song he never knew until this day. The words are foreign but they resonate deep his very bones.

The wolfs watches him avidly with its ears opened all for him. It listens to him until he finishes. "Do you have a song too?"

It sits on its hind legs and closes its eyes. It glows a little brighter and then he can hear its song unmuffled to a crystal clear clarity. Stiles not sure where the sound is coming from but he can hear it as if its surrounding him. And when it finishes, somehow Stiles remembers every note and words as if he knows it since forever. Stiles finds himself singing it together with the wolf one more time.

The wolf howls. And stiles can somehow understand it. It is calling for its friends. And Stiles finds himself listening to their songs for the next hours.

The wolf disappears after Stiles gets the hang of asking politely to be taught of their song. Stiles thinks the kingdom of spirit animals will disappear to but they don't. They stay and teaches them their song.

When the wolf reappears again, it noses on Stiles palm and places something on it. It is a pair of fangs.

"Is this yours?"

The wolf blinks once and stats to sing. Stiles joins it on the song and they harmonize. The wolf put its paws over Stiles palm embedding the fangs between them.

The wolf shatters into a million glittering lights. Stiles would have been worried but he had seen this before. He knows it'll be fine. Then it surrounds Stiles and forms a beautiful white pelt around him. The warm feeling surrounds him, permeating to every cell of his body.

Stiles notices his senses get sharper and his body becomes stronger. There's a feeling inside him. The urge to run. A presence inside his mind excited with the very thought of it. So Stiles howls and gave into the urge. He runs. He lets his feet finds its way through the forest. He moves in a pace that surely is impossible for a human. But he doesn't care for now. The presence in his mind is laughing with exhilaration. He can always find out later. Now, he just let go and enjoy the moment.

Later that day, Stiles dreams of golden lights and golden fog. It feels like being surrounded by the warm feeling inside his chest and from the glow of the wolf spirit. But this warm feeling has a sense of peace weaved around it. It's hazy where ever he is and he stumbles as he roams around. He can see wavy silhouettes but he can't make out a particular shape from it.

He calls for the warm feeling in his chest and let his body glow. The golden smoke begins to disperse lightly away from him. He sees the wolf spirit in front of him, glowing white like him.

"Is this a dream?" Stiles asks.

The wolf spirit turned away from him and starts walking. It stops and looks back at him as if it's waiting for Stiles to follow him. So Stiles does. The further they go, the lesser the cloud is. He sees other animal spirits sprints past them. Some circle around Stiles curiously for a few moments before it too springs away.

Then the clouds completely disappear and tiles steps into a wide meadow where hundreds of animal spirits are dwelling peacefully. But they are all golden color like an early morning sunlight. The sky isn't dark yet but it is not that bright. It looks like it's still twilight. The stars are visible and an aurora dances through all the colors of the rainbow.

Stiles notices his dragon flying above him. It has changed to full size too. It's almost as big as the horses. Usually it likes to be as small enough to perch on his shoulders. But now it spread its wings with other flying creatures. It's the first time Stiles sees fly in its full size.

"We're in the Spirit World." Stiles stated in awe.

He follows the wolf across the meadows. Someone animals curiously gravitate to him, sniffing him, brushing past him. But that revolting feeling he always when another spirit touches him never came. It's like touching an ordinary animal, albeit he feels the tingle of their different existence.

By the time they reach the middle of the meadow, he has a lot of followers around him. He takes a seat and listen to their songs. The wolf curls around him. He can feel something seeps deep within his soul, soothing the numbness that left behind when he gave Scott the warm feeling in his chest.

The next moment he blinks he is back in his room. The morning light seeping through the blinds. He feels well rested and energized.

Stiles rubs his face to chase away the last remnants on sleep. But he feels something on his hands. It's a cord from grass in the spirit word. He can feel a thrum of energy from. Stiles immediately got up. He knows exactly what to do with it.