Chapter 4

The following night, you sat quietly in your room trying to figure out how to get used to your new life.

Why was that boy being so nice to you anyway. You pondered about it for awhile before deciding to throw the whole idea out the window, maybe it was just in his nature, though he certainly didn't look the part.

You shifted the curtains in the room to watch the pitter patter of the rain against the glass.

Suddenly, there was a clap of thunder. You flinched and fell back.

You hated thunder, so loud and sudden. Like a jumpscare from a video game.

It was dark too, so that didn't help.

You ran out of the room and started banging on Shinso's door.

He opened it and stared at you,

"What is it." He asked.

You pushed him aside, "let me in." You demanded.

"Woah, um ok?" He moved out of your way.

The sound of thunder echoed through the room and you were on the verge of tears.

"Are you...scared?" He tilted his head.

"N-no pfftt why would I be--"

A crash of thunder cut you off and made you yelp.

Shinso chuckled at your little cover up.
"So the big bad villain is afraid of a little thunder?" He smirked.

"Don't laugh you asshole..." you blurted out weakly.

Tears started to fall and as much as you tried to wipe them away they just kept coming.

"Hey...if you keep doing that your gonna cause a flood in here." Shinso joked but in a conforting tone.

You glared at him with watery eyes.

Shinso let out a sigh,

"I'm sorry."

He was leaning against a wall and you were sitting on his bed, so he walked over to you.

He had one hand in his pocket and the other reached out to pat your head.

"It'll be fine." He smiled.

Surprisingly you enjoyed his head pat and as much as you wanted to push him away, you didn't want him to stop either.

"So, do you have a quirk?" He enquired.

"I don't want to talk about it." You shrugged his question off.

"Well you're gonna have to eventually."

You rolled your eyes.

"Who cares."

Another crash of thunder came causing you to hide under the bedsheets.

"Damn it, damn it." You whispered.

You didn't like being so vulnerbale in front of others but you didn't want to be alone either.

Shinso attempted to get you out of your hiding,

"Go away." You hissed.

"Damm what are you, a cat?" He laughed.

"I don't think the storm is going to subside anytime soon." He lifted the curtains and peeked outside.

With the pitter patter of the rain agaisnt the glass, the atmosphere felt so surreal.

"You can sleep here tonight if you want." He glanced over at you.

"B-but we can't sleep together on one bed..." you blushed.

"Oh I wouldn't dream of it." He said sarcastically.

"Don't worry, I'll just sleep on the floor, wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable."

"But that's not--" you tried to argue that he didn't have to do that but he cut you off by turning off the lights.

"Sleep." He muttered.

You let out a sigh as you dozed off.

"Alright..."

"Thank you." You whispered.

You weren't sure if Shinso heard you, but something told you that he did.