Chapter 11

This chapter will be about Hitoshi

"Hmm, where is she? I thought we were supposed to meet here 5 minutes ago." Shinso says as he whips out his phone to text Hiori to see if she was reaching.

Just as he clicked on her contact, he felt a tapping on his back.

"Hehe sorry I'm late, I hope you weren't waiting too long." Hiori giggles.

"No, it's okay." Shinso shrugged it off.

Why is she suddenly being so nice to me...? I've never really talked to her before in class.

I wonder how (y/n) is doing...she seemed really weird this morning...

"Uhh Hitoshi?"

Shinso snapped out of his thoughts and turned his attention to Hiori who was staring at him curiously.

"Something on your mind?" She asked.

"No...it's nothing sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was asking where you wanted to eat." She repeated, feeling a little disappointed that he ignored her.

"Right, anything is fine with me."

(y/n)...I always feel like I'm making her uncomfortable, I don't want to screw things up with her anymore so I guess I should get on with this meetup with Hiori, maybe this'll cheer her up.

"Let's eat over here!" Hiori grabbed Shinso by the arm and pulled him over. This startled him and he jolted a little, feeling uncomfortable.

God...why did she do that? I'm being dragged around by someone I barely know...how weird.

The two of them sat down and eventually, after Hiori taking what seemed like forever to decide, ordered their food.

"So uh..." Shinso started, feeling a little awkward. "Is there a reason why you wanted to meet me today?"

Hiori couldn't help but blush at the question. "Mm it's kinda because..." 

"Sorry to keep you waiting." The waiter placed the food between the two of them gently, interrupting her.

"Oh our food is here, let's eat then!" She hastily blurted out, trying to avoid the question.

Shinso looked at her with his usual stoic expression and ignored her unusual behaviour.

The whole time he seemed so distracted, his mind was buzzing worrying about you.

Hiori's eyes darted around the room, "uhh, is there something wrong?" She asked, slightly crestfallen that he wasn't paying any attention to her.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm just a little worried about (y/n) she's been acting a little strange lately..." he admitted without even thinking.

"Shinso, do you by any chance like someone right now?"

Shinso looked up at her with a quizzical expression.

"Actually...do you like (y/n)?" She rephrased.

Shinso's mind suddenly went blank. He had never asked himself that question. He set this fork down.

"Well I..."

"Wait. Before you answer..." she interrupted.

"I really like you, Shinso. And if it were possible, I'd like to go out with you...I...I think I'd be much better for you than (y/n)! I'll make you happier than she ever could!" She exclaimed, starting to tear up.

Shinso looked at her for a while.

"I'm sorry, I appreciate our friendship but I don't I feel the same way." He looked away, still thinking about what Hiori said about you. Did he really like you?

Hiori, after getting shot down so quickly, decided to leave. She was swift, she left the money on the table and exited the establishment while rubbing away her tears.

-------------

Do I like (y/n)?

Shinso pondered as he walked back home alone, under a starry night sky.

I just want her to be happy. She always worries me and I want to protect her. She's kind, thoughtful and deep down a genuinely good person.

Shinso stopped in his tracks and widened his eyes in realization.

He was in love with you.