❤CHAPTER 5 👪

"Y-yes, that's me..." She awnsers quietly. "I'm detective Leroy, this is officer Flinn, um, do you mind if we come in." The taller man clears his throat. Lajaeu looks back at Prince then at Liam who was glaring down the detective. "We just wanna talk.." Lajaeu let's them in trying to silently calm her nerves.

What exactly did she do...

》《

Lajaeu was crying silently. How could someone do such a thing. She wipes her tears watching Prince's chest fall and rise, his fever was finally coming down. Liam was rubbing her back assuringly. "...Lajaeu-"

"Liam, I-I can't.. not now.." She rasp out as tears stream down her cheek. She was in shock, even though she's only known him for a few months she thought of him as family. He was there for her in her dark times, he genuinely cared for her and now he was dead.

Mr.Young was dead. Decapitated by his head and thrown out on the road.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Lajaeu frowns watching Mrs- Ms.Young enter. Her usually vibrant skin was pale, she looked like she had been crying, she was unusually thin. She hated the state she was in. "Lajaeu darling, don't worry I'm fine, really.." Ms.Young smiles sadly.

Lajaeu knew she wasn't.

"Hows Prince?" She ask changing the subject. "He's better Liam is watching him, I have an interview at a cafe Mr.Young referred me to before he..." Lajaeu blinks away her tears not wanting to make Ms.Young sad. Her pain was nothing compared to what Ms.Young must be going through.

"Darling it's okay to say it.. My husband was a great man.. He was so caring.. one thing I can say is that he looked at you like family.. I called you here because, before my husband was killed he called me about something, I didn't tell the police because I was unsure.." Ms.Young sighs.

"Do you know who linda is?" Lajaeu's body froze in fear. How exactly did she know Linda. Lajaeu stands up abruptly, "I need to go, my interviews in a few. I'll come visit later.." Lajaeu excuses herself. "Oh, okay, bye darling stay safe.."

:

Lajaeu had finished the interview. Her mind was racing. Was it her fault Mr.Young was murdered? Was Linda here? Did she kill Mr.Young? A tsunami of Questions were flowing in. Just then a knock brings her out of her trance. She opens the door, and there was a box at her front door.

She furrow her brows knowing she didn't order anything.she examines the box, it didn't have an address, maybe Ms.Young sent her something.

She opens the box curiously. She covers her mouth sobbing loudly screaming at the top of her lungs. Liam was just around the corner with sleeping Prince in his arms. He sprints over praying nothing bad happened to Lajaeu.

He arrives worriedly checking Lajaeu for anything wrong. She continues to scream pointing at the box. He looks inside. Suddenly he understood. He pulls her into his chest with his free hand to shield her from the horrer in the box.

Lajaeu sobbed loudly knowing this was her fault. Liam calls the police trying to calm down Lajaeu.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"We found the remains of someone.."

"Do you know who? What remains?"

"Bethany Young.. daughter of the owner of the Lincoln hotel on 76th avenue.. we found.. her head."