Chapter 2 : Pushed Her Too Far

I was practically foaming at the mouth, barely breathing. I could feel my throat swell as Dean dragged me to the living room.

"Emma! Hey! Emma calm down!" He threw me on the couch, kneeling to see my jaw.

"Get the hell off of me." I huffed as I pushed him away and fled to the kitchen. I could feel the rage burning in my face. Luke had never laid a hand on me. Ever. He vowed he never would. That he'd kill anyone who did. He meant it. To make matters worse what he said was no better. How dare he bring up dad. How dare he judge me for running off with Rodger. I mean Rodger was a piece of sewage but he never used him against me. He never made me feel guilty for messing up and trusting the wrong people or making a shitty judgement call. And now... well. Here we are. My face swelling with his venomous words stinging in my ears. I pulled a beer from the fridge and scrambled through the kitchen haphazardly looking for a bottle opener.

"Emma." Dean's voice was soft and raspy. He waited for me to stop and say something but I ignored him.

"Emma please just stop for a second." I didn't, I was pulling open drawers and shifting everything around roughly before slamming them shut again. I moved back and forth no rhyme or reason to what I looked inside of. I turned to the pantry in Bobby's old kitchen, still no luck.

"Emma stop!" Dean said abruptly. I did. Back to him I gripped the sink, hunched over I felt like my hands were going to tear through the edge of it.

"Breathe." He said cautiously like I was a skittish animal he was trying to avoid spooking. "Just take a second and sit down."

"I just want a beer." I whispered.

"Okay. Sit down and I'll open one." He said. I didn't sit, rather I relaxed my shoulders slightly, sliding my beer halfway down the counter top for him to grab. He picked it up and used his keys to remove the top.

"Emma just sit."

"What good will that do?"

"Well it'll give me a chance to look at you and see if you're okay."

"Dean I said I'm fine."

"And I said you aren't. Sit your ass down Singer."

"Really? You think ordering me around is a good idea right now?"

"Emma if you don't sit your ass down I'm gonna throw you over my shoulder kicking and screaming."

"Bite me asshat." I spat.

"That's it." He said rushing towards me. Before I had a chance to react I was thrown over his shoulder like he said. Definitely kicking and screaming, he marched me out the front door towards the impala.

"I have had enough of this family's bullshit now you are going to accept some damn help or I'm driving you all the way-" Before he could finish his sentence I yelped in pain. He recognized the difference and immediately put me down.

"Emma what?"

"My shoulder you ass!" He put me down on the trunk of baby and grabbed my forearm.

"Emma your stitches.. they pulled."

"Yeah no shit." He opened the back door and pulled out the med kit. I could see him start blaming himself as he wrapped his hand on the back of my neck. "It happened upstairs Dean... it was Luke." I said almost in a whisper, leaning into his hand. I could feel myself start to fade, to sway when his words jumped me back to reality.

"Take your arm out or I'm cutting the shirt." He said flatly. I knew he wasn't kidding. I pulled off my band t shirt and pulled down my strap on my tank top to give him room. He began working silently as I took gulps of my beer. After a few moments of silence Dean spoke softly.