Chapter 7 : You're Walking With Me Singer

6 WEEKS LATER

"You ready?" I Dean asked as we loaded our duffels with our our demon hunt essentials.

"Yup." I said shortly, focused on my list.

"Oh well I'm convinced." He said his words dripping with sarcasm.

"Shhh."

"I know what you're doing."

"And whats that?" I said mockingly still not paying him much attention.

"You're burying your self in lists and tasks and hunts to avoid everything." I stopped snapping my head up and shooting him a look.

"Listen Dr. Phil I'm trying to get stuff done. We all agreed this is gonna a be tough and we need to take it one step at a time. Thats what I'm doing."

"You haven't spoken to Luke since he got back. Its been weeks."

"I'm sorry have you and Sam suddenly switched bodies? I don't want to talk to Luke. I have nothing to say. We are breaking his deal and he's leaving. I'm not talking about it anymore."

Dean knew not to argue with me. I had steered clear of Luke from the moment of that fight. We benched him on a lot of stuff because his temperament was out of control. Lucy stayed back too to help Bobby. Finally It was me Sam and Dean hunting together again. I had missed it. I was so angry and uncomfortable at Bobby's now with all the tension, the moment we set out on the road was the moment I felt like I could breathe. Plus Dean and I could actually enjoy time together. Sam didn't mind me taking the front seat so long as he got to use my head phones. He hated our music but I loved it. We'd cruise in the impala till we hit the case then go out for some dinner. Sam would break off and Dean and I could have some time at some yokel bar alone. Amidst all the drama and chaos, not to mention that absolutely solid brick wall we were hitting with breaking Luke's deal, the time Dean and I spent alone was my chance to forget all of it. No pressure on anything. Just a few drinks and my favorite person. Cheesy I know but I finally was happy. Sue me.

"Did I hear my name?" Sam called thumping down the stairs.

"Yes Rapunzel." I laughed pointing to his crazy bed head. "Get your ass moving in ten. We found some omens outside of Texas that is defiantly a crossroads demon."

"Fine." He huffed as he went back up the stairs.

"Hey has Lucy told you anything? Progress maybe?" Dean whispered with a chuckle.

"What do you think. No." Lucy being back was amazing. It was like no time had passed. We practically shared the same bed every night and I spent the whole time catching her up on stuff. When I told her about me and Dean doing... whatever the hell Dean and me were doing, she said Sam owed her $50. Apparently they bet on when we'd figure it out. Funnily enough Dean and I had made a similar bet.

"Speaking of I do believe I won our bet big guy. Pay up." I laughed holding my palm out.

"Hey hey hey. I still have time, three days to be exact. Why don't we make it interesting." He said inching closer to me. He tucked his fingers in my empty belt loops and pulled me to his chest, it took me by surprise how fast he did it and I lost my balance slightly, studying myself by grabbing on to his jacket.

"How so?"

"Bring Luce on this one. It's easy and she's probably getting a little cabin fever." He was right. Lucy never really hunted but since she got back she swung into lore full force and was learning fast. She had the basic skills.

"I don't want her hunting. Research only. No exceptions. It's not gonna help if I'm worried about her the whole time."

"Oh so now you feel my pain." He laughed.