d (half moon)

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

four

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

song recommendation: D (half moon) - dean

Pink splotches of blossom petals, stuck in the midnight hair of the boy filling my sketchbook pages. Another watercolour painting of Lee Jeno, this time under a blooming cherry tree. I fill in the last portion of grass in a dark shade of green, satisfied with the colour.

Holding the finished painting, I admire the beauty of it, although my art could never compare to the angel before me.

I pick up my dirty brushes, coated in an assortments of paints. The closest route to the sink is past Jeno and his window. I gulp down the nervousness in my throat and stand up quietly. Walking past such an ethereal being, makes my hands shake. My shoes click softly on the hard floor.

Just as I pass Jeno, a hand swiftly clutches onto the back of my shirt. "Renjun, what does the sky look like now?" I turn to face Jeno. His voice dripping with gloom.

"Sorry, I'm not Renjun." My fingers grip onto the paint brushes tighter, in case of dropping them out of nervousness. Jeno continues to stare out of the window.

"Oh, I'm sorry." His gaze drops to his hands.

"It looks like someone has draped a big, fluffy, orange blanket on top of the clouds." I state, describing the sky like Jeno asked.

"Pardon?" Jeno tilts his head, looking back out the window.

"The sky, I mean. The sun is slipping behind the horizon, but still leaving it's last impression with tangerine-coloured streaks."

"Thank you so much." Jeno's voice is stained with tears, and so are his cheeks.

A hand roughly grabs my shoulder, pulling me away from Jeno. "What have you done, Na Jaemin?" Angrily, Renjun scolds me. I quickly bow, apologising to Renjun and Jeno. Renjun tells me to leave. I follow his orders, my hand still full of unwashed brushes.

A/N

what do you think so far? any predictions? criticism?

- c