palette

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

seven

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

song recommendation: palette - iu & g-dragon

Jeno had been on my mind all day once again. Distracting me from my classes and the busy environment around me. The day seemed to drag on, until the bell rang, signalling the start of after school activities, which also means art club.

The heavy art club door looms over me, seeming heavier than usual. It creaks loudly as I push it open. Inside, a few students have their heads buried in their artwork, but one boy catches my eye. Instead of being in his usual window seat, he occupies my usually empty table. Next to him, is none other than Renjun who motions me over. He whispers something to Jeno before getting up and passing me (not without shoving me with his shoulder first).

"If you hurt him, I won't hesitate to hurt you. Got it?" I nod, swallowing down my fear of the angry exchange student. Why does he hate me so much?

I shake off the negative thoughts and approach the table which seats the one and only ethereal being, Lee Jeno. "Hey, how are you?" I ask gently. Jeno smiles weakly.

"I'm okay," he sticks his hand out in my direction, "Jaemin." I stare at his outstretched hand, still standing awkwardly. He reaches further. His fingers brushing the crumpled fabric of my school shirt. Timidly, I take his hand in mine, running my thumb over his smooth skin. He looks away briefly, squeezing my hand.

"Jeno?" I sit down, still holding onto his warm hand.

"Will you teach me how to paint again?" Jeno's voice is quiet, almost a whisper. My eyes widen at his request. He's forgotten how to paint? "You don't have to if you don't want to, I just-"

"Of course." My long silence must've made him unsettled. "What would you like to paint?" I squeeze his hand reassuringly.

"You"