take you home

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

nine

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

song recommendation: take you home - baekhyun

Knocking loudly on Jeno's front door is something I would have never imagined doing. Yet, here I am in front of his large house, nervous. The door is ajar, and the house is quiet. Jeno must be in his room.

I invite myself into the house, closing the door behind me. Decorated with various masterpieces belonging to Jeno, the place is stylish and modern. I closely observe one of the paintings. Three boys with smiles reaching their eyes are clinging to each other. Recognising them as Jeno and his friends, I replicate their smile. Cute.

If I painted my friends, they would think it was cheesy and disgusting, especially Donghyuck. Obviously, Jeno's friends are more warm-hearted than mine.

The artwork next to the one of Jeno's friends is of scenery; a blossoming cherry tree overlooking a small pond. The petals are blowing in the wind and into the water. The overall piece is exquisite, but what captures my attention is the boy leaning against the tree. His tall stature and bright smile reflect my own. It couldn't be me could it?

I shake away the silly thought, and continue down the long hallway. Most of the walls are covered in Jeno's artwork and it makes me wonder why such a brilliant artist would want me to help them paint.

"Jaemin?" Jeno's faint voice rings out through the house. I feel incredibly nervous at the thought of being so close to him again. "Turn left at the last door of the hallway." Following his instructions, I reach what I think is his room.

Jeno is sitting on the floor, surrounded by teared up paper and scribbled out sketches. "Hey." I greet him, sitting down beside him.

"I want to paint you properly this time." Jeno scoots closer to me. He takes my hands before moving his own up my arms to rest on my shoulders. His eyes are closed. He looks ethereal, his long lashes are dark against his pale skin.

Jeno moves his hands again, cupping my face. His fingers brush over my eyebrows, then my eyelids, down the bridge of my nose, stopping at my lips. He ensures to touch every inch of my face, as if he was studying it. "You're more beautiful than Renjun described you to be." I inhale sharply at Jeno's sudden statement. "I wish... I wish I could see you, Jaemin."