Three Man Squads, One Four Man Squad

Akira

I walked into the class room and sat in a open seat next to Hinata Hyuga. We shared a quick smile, and I was about to start a conversation with her but, my brother came waltzing through the door with a headband on his forehead. I gave him a weird look, I mean sure I had not seen him for two days since I was busy training and he was doing.. I don't even want to know what he was doing now that he was wearing that on his forehead. I tried to get his attention, he just ignored me though and continued onto his seat. I stood up and walked over to him but Shikamaru beat me to the question.

"What are you doing here Naruto?" Shikamaru looked at him with the same amount of confusion I held in my face too.

"Yeah Naruto, you can't be here unless you, you know graduate?" I went to place a hand on my brother's shoulder but he smacked it away and smirked at the two of us.

"Oh yeah? Do you see this? Open your eyes you two, it's a regulation headband." Naruto smiled proudly pointing to the metal plate on his forehead proudly. I smiled at him, and made a mental note to ask him later how even managed to do it. I climbed over him and sat in the open seat that was in between him and Sasuke Uchiha. Sasuke glanced over at me slightly and let out a sigh.

"You're a brave one." He mumbled, and I raised an eyebrow at the onyx eyed boy.

"Whaddya mean?" Just as he was about to speak he motioned to the group of angry girls standing next to our three seats.

They were all glaring at me and arguing over who earned the right to sit there.

Next thing I knew Naruto was climbing over the table and was glaring into Sasuke's face. Every angry girl started yelling at him to get away from Sasuke. I was just smiling at the pair of boys glaring back and forth at each other. Next thing I knew Tobio leaned back from where he was sitting in his seat, and knocked straight into Naruto. I felt my mouth drop open at the sight. Their lips were touching. They both yanked away from each other and started gagging, spitting, anything to get the taste of each other's lips off of their own. I couldn't conceal it and I started laughing, that was until I noticed something, the group of girls all just witnessed what I saw too. I turned towards them all getting ready to attack Naruto and stood on the table in front of him, looking down at the angry mob.

"You really want to mess with me today ladies?" I crossed my arm and looked down at the group of girls, they all shook their heads and walked back to their seats. All of them still glared at both Naruto and I. I brushed it off though, they were irrelevant.

The tension in the room eased up once Iruka sensei finally walked in. This was actually happening we were all becoming official shinobi! Naruto and I had finally made it this far and we were going to just keep going. I was almost jumping up and down at the thought of becoming even stronger.

"As of today, you are all ninjas, to get here you faced difficult trials and hardships, but that's nothing. What comes next will be far more difficult." Iruka looked around the room at all of us, he looked incredibly proud, "Now you are only genin, first level ninjas, all of you will be grouped into three man squads, with the exception of one group who will have four due to uneven numbers, and each squad will be led by a jonin anelite ninja."

Everyone started looking around the room, trying to decide who they were going to be on a team with. I just hope that Naruto and I are on the same team, so we can look out for one another. I glanced at Sasuke, and he was glaring and looked mad at Iruka sensei almost. At the same time, I kind of hoped I was on a team with him, I mean we were both pretty strong, and could even up with each other when it came to keep our other member of the team safe.