Broken Bonds

•Akari POV•

I walked back to my apartment quietly, usually I would come across Shikamaru and Chōji on my path home but today though I didn't. When I got to my apartment door though I was face to face with an Akamaru-less Kiba. That was weird, he usually never walked around without him?

"Kiba where's the only reason I hang around you?" I laughed, and Kiba pouted at me.

"Akamaru is napping, didn't want to wake him up for this." Kiba scratched the back of his neck, and I looked at him strangely.

"For what?" I questioned, what was he going on about now?

"Akari, I think.. Well not really think, I know that you know I," Kiba let out a sigh of frustration, since when did he get flustered like this, it made me laugh.

"Kiba, are you sick?" I giggled and leaned up against my front door as he still struggled trying to find the right words to speak.

"Okay, so you know whenever we are training together those are my happiest moments, and whenever we are both confused at Shino's words and looking at him like he's insane it makes me smile thinking about it," Kiba let out a frustrated puff of air before continuing on, "And damn it Akari whenever you hug me I start to feel something in me that I can only feel with you, when Hinata hugs me it's like hugging Hana or my mother."

His words were all jumbled, but they started making sense to me. Everything he was saying, all of the words he was trying to spit out, they were feelings. Was Kiba trying to tell me his feelings? I guess I never told him how things were between Sasuke and I now. That we had kissed.

"Kiba wait before you-"

"No Akari let me finish, please just let me finish, I think my feelings for you are starting to grow from more than a friend or teammate."

"I kissed Sasuke." I blurted out the words and Kiba just froze, "We have kissed twice now.."

Kiba didn't say anything to me, in fact he just stared at the ground. I kept looking at him waiting for him to say anything at all. I could of worked that situation better but my words got ahead of my brain. Kiba started to walk away and when I went to grab his arm he just growled and ripped it away.

"Don't touch me you demon fox." Kiba spit the words, and flinched as he did so. I saw him hesitate for a minute before finally walking away. The words kept echoing in my head.

Demon fox.

Demon fox.

Demon fox.

Demon fox.

I turned on my heals away from the apartment and started walking back towards the training field where Tenten and I usually choose to meet. The dummies were still standing out there so I instantly began punching and kicking the stuffed thing in front of me. I jumped back from where I was standing, and then I grabbed my shuriken and began throwing them at the target. I wasn't sure what happened next, but I heard a twig break behind me and I just threw the kunai knife I had just grabbed out of my pocket towards the direction it came from.

I froze when I heard the sounds escape both of their mouths.

There stood Neji and Tenten, judging by the stance they were in, Neji had just pulled Tenten out of the way of my knife. I stared at the pair of them, and Neji protectively stepped in front of my friend.

"Why are you-"

"Your eyes Akari, I need you to calm down." Neji interrupted and I looked past him at Tenten.