Procession on Aumoris

Italics = thoughts/ emphases

Bold = flashback

Bold and italics = a higher being speaking in the head of one of our heroes ^-^

~aAa~

The dark space that entrapped the heroines of Mobius seemed smaller than it had initially. They seemed to suffocate as a grim reality set in the spaces between them.

They all seemed to hold their breath.

"No... it's not... true," Cream whispered.

Her eyes glittered as Rouge leaned against her, pushing her to the bed to sit. She did would she could to comfort her with her body warmth, as her hands were still restrained.

Amy walked to sit next to them in a daze. The window could not have betrayed her anymore than it had. The single medium in the room that allowed the hope of escape had displayed the destruction of their rescue and continued to display the immensity of the space time continuum, mocking them as the stars moved and marked the distance from their home.

Before she could suppress a cry, the doors let out a breath and came open. At the center stood the dark prince, Riven as Amy recalled, and two soldiers. They walked forward, stopping just in front of the three.

The sound of light clothing hitting the ground brought them all to their present situation.

"Now that the threat has been eradicated, it is time to continue to our first order of business."

Amy was the first to look up, eyes glistening with fresh tears. She made eye contact with the prince. He had a frown that indicated his impatience.

"I understand that it has been at least ten some odd years since you last basked in the presence of your home, Princess, but I assure you, all is under control. I regret to inform you that your family has all passed and have left you as the only heir."

The confusion left Amy scatterbrained, as she looked at the dresses the soldiers had stiffly dropped on the floor. She shook her head and composed herself the best she could.

"I'm sorry to say, but you've got the wrong person. I'm not royalty in any way."

Her voice wavered momentarily, but held its confidence. Her determined glare held a small fire of defiance. Even if she were royalty and her parents, whom she had no recollection of, had relied on her to take over their rulings, she'd never take it.

Even so, the prince smirked.

"The brand of Aumorian royalty on the back of your ear does not lie, Princess."

The blood drained from Amy's face and her ears went back in distaste.

"H-how did you... I ... I don't understand. There must be a mistake. I have no memory of this place. This kingdom of yours."

The dark prince motioned to the soldiers, whom undid the bindings that held the girls steadfast and then promptly marched to the door and exited. With a look back at the rose, the prince flashed a lavender glow of his eyes, seeming to demand her submission before he spoke.

"Do not worry. I have been... entrusted with the fate of Aumoris. As your kingdom is the most developed and respected, the influence it relays to the other kingdoms of the continent of Audia must be properly... maintained."

Amy was suspicious of his tone. She had the hunch that he was only telling half of the truth.

"Why have you captured me and my friends?"

He chucked, leaning closer and brushing her bangs aside.

"It is not capture, but rescue, my dear. I wish to bring happiness to you and your people with your return."