It's Us And Only Us: Dongjun

How they became friends? They don’t really know. How they fell in love? They don’t really know that either.

One morning Donghun walked into the Café that was just down from his small shared college dorm. His nose and cheeks were a bright pink from the cold wind kissing his face on his way to the Café, he removed his scarf, toque, and mitts as he stood in line. He placed them in his bag he had hanging off his shoulder, he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned around to face a man with light brunet hair and a cat-like face. Donghun blinked a few times waiting for the man to say something. “Can you move up? You’re next in line and I have places to be,” the man said gesturing to the large space in front of Donghun.

“Oh, yeah, sorry,” Donghun said turning back around heading towards the counter.

“What can I get for you?” The teenage girl with her long black hair pulled back in a loose ponytail.

"I'll get a large black coffee," Donghun said placing the exact amount of money on the counter. The girl took the money and placed it in the cash register.

"Name?"

"Donghun," Donghun stood to wait for his drink while scrolling through Twitter on his phone. Most of the tweets on his timeline were his fellow peers stressing and panicking about the upcoming tests or essays soon to be due. He snickered at a meme his friend posted then put his phone in his pocket grabbing his coffee. Taking a sip of the bitter drink his eyes nearly popped out of his head. Donghun looked at the name; Junhee . He looked out the window seeing the man that stood behind him. He ran out of the shop catching up with Junhee. "Junhee! Wait!"

The brunet froze and turned around. "How do you know my name?"

"It's on the cup, you took my drink," Donghun pouted.

"Don't be stupid. Why would I take your drink?"

"Well then why does this cup say Junhee and that one say Donghun. You took my cup bro," Junhee rolled his eyes.

"Why would I be dumb enough to take- oh, you're right," Junhee mumbled looking at Donghun's name on the cup.

"I know I am, Mr. Grumpy Pants."

He handed the cup to Donghun. "Don't worry. I didn't drink it."

"I drank some of yours, sorry. I thought it was mine. It wasn't much as the drink is hot but it was enough to know that's too strong to be mine," Donghun handed Junhee his coffee. Junhee took off the lid.

"Give me the lid on your cup. We'll switch lids," Donghun took off his lid and handed it to Junhee grabbing the other lid.

"Well, I have to get to class soon so bye! Have a good day!" Donghun waved him goodbye walking off to the college building.

That was their first encounter. Their second encounter was a very different scene. They hadn't run into each other after the coffee shop incident, so months had flown by and it was now the beginning of Summer. The last party Donghun would be going to as a college student.

Donghun entered the house, loud pop music blasting his ears. He greeted friends and fellow schoolmates as he made his way to the kitchen. He opened up the fridge grabbing out a beer bottle, he grabbed the bottle opener popping the cap off taking a sip of the bubbly liquid. Donghun leaned against the courner lost in his thoughts until a familiar face came into view. He blinked watching the brunet make his way into the kitchen. He grabbed a red cup that was filled with some kind of alcohol and turned to leave then turned back around. "You look familiar, where have I seen you?" He asked Donghun.

"We briefly met at the Café near the college. You accidentally took my coffee," Donghun reminded him.

"Ah, right. What's your name, again?"