In Love - Wowkwan

Byeongkwan loved Sehyoon, he knew he did. Love for him was something that made him feel warm, when Byeongkwan first started noticing he loved Sehyoon his heart started blooming like a flower. Sehyoon wouldn't leave his thoughts, he was always excited to see him. A bounce in his step whenever he went to meet with him. Sehyoon drove him crazy in the best way, he can't explain it--he can't explain love. To him love was beautiful, like walking through a meadow; flower petals blowing passed you in the wind. It was chaotic like a rainstorm, thunder and lightning, strong winds--but it was also calming like the aftermath. Droplets still running down the window, droplets dribbling down from leaf to leaf, a beautiful rainbow visible in the now blue sky.

He noticed he had strong feelings for him in college during basketball practice early in the morning. Sehyoon's hair was still messy, his face was a little swollen--probably had ramen before he fell asleep. Byeongkwan thought he looked handsome in his half awake state, he listened to their team members tease him about his appearance. He stood behind the members, smiling fondly at his best friend. Sehyoon saw Byeongkwan, 'Are you going to tease me too?' He had asked and Byeongkwan softly shook his head. Sehyoon walked over to him and felt his head. 'Are you okay? Are you sick?'

'Of course I'm not sick,' Byeongkwan had scoffed, swatting Sehyoon's hand away. Sehyoon chuckled at Byeongkwan's strange behavior and threw an arm around his shoulders.

'You usually have something to say. What's changed?'

I have feelings for you

'Okay, fine. I was going to keep it to myself but you look so ugly. Like I've never seen you look this ugly.'

'Wow, you're so mean to me.'

'Would you rather me lie and tell you that you've never looked better?' Byeongkwan's heart pounded against his chest as he looked up into Sehyoon's eyes. Sehyoon placed one of his hands on Byeongkwan's head and pulled him into his side.

'You two look like a couple!' Junhee, one of their teammates commented laughing. Sehyoon pulled away from Byeongkwan.

'Haha, what are you talking about? I'm not like that,' Sehyoon laughed. Byeongkwan felt a pang in his chest but he ignored it and laughed with Sehyoon. 

Where Sehyoon's arm rested burned and tingled. He was hurt by Sehyoon's comment but he knew Sehyoon didn't know about him. He was distracted all of practice, thinking about when his feelings for Sehyoon first started to show up and he just ignored them.

'Byeongkwan, what's going on? You're so out of it," Yuchan--other teammate asked from across the court.

'Sorry, I'm just tired,' was all he said. 

'We should stop this mornings practice, anyway. Some of you guys have a class in a half an hour,' their coach said, dismissing them all. 

-

Byeongkwan had walked back to his dorm feeling like he swallowed some bubble gum. 

He remembers how he felt that day, he felt sad and disappointed. He laid on his bed until his first class came around. He fiddled with his shirt as he thought about when he first started feeling something more than a friend towards Sehyoon.

Summer of eighth grade. He remembers when Sehyoon's family took him camping with them and the two shared a tent. Sehyoon's parents brought three blow up mattresses, one for Byeongkwan and Sehyoon, one for Sehyoon's sister--Eunsuh and her friend, and the last one for the parents.