Chapter Five: Tyler

"True love doesn't happen right away; it's an ever-growing process. It develops after you've gone through many ups and downs, when you've suffered together, cried together, laughed together." 

-- Ricardo Montalban, brainyquote.com

Chapter Five

Tyler's POV

It was dawn, and I lay on my side as I stared at Angel. She looked so beautiful as she slept. The moonlight illuminated the soft contour of her thin nose, full lips, and her slender neck. I couldn't help but fantasize about her body and the way it shivered with delight every time I touched her.

Damn. The memory of our lovemaking last night made me ache for her again.

I sat up and leaned my back against the headboard. It happened again last night. Like a lucid dream.

Why did it happen again?

My eyes darted to the old lamp on top of the bedside table. I was certain it had glowed brightly right before we made love.

But something about the lamp bothered me. I stared at it, then decided to light it up. The flaming tip of the matchstick met the lamp's wick—and I became lightheaded as if in a dream. Quickly, I pressed the wick between my fingers to kill the fire.

My eyes became wide.

I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair. Confusion reeled through my mind. Dammit! The old lamp had something to do with the spell of true love's kiss—not the lunar eclipse!

****

I went to the kitchen for a drink of water when someone wrapped their arms around my waist from behind me.

"Good morning," said Angel as she kissed my back. I turned around and pulled her up. She jumped up and locked her legs around my hips.

 She jumped up and locked her legs around my hips