The Morning After

Vanessa's POV

I woke up to a cold breeze on my back. I rolled over and stretched my arm across the other side of the bed, feeling for Madelaine. It seems she's already up. I groan as I rise from the sheets. I look for my black and grey socks. I looked on the side of the bed and they were half way under the bed. I leaned over and grabbed my dark socks. I pulled my feet out from under the covers and an instant wave of cold air brushed over my feet. I quickly put on my socks and I got out of bed. I walk over to the full body mirror and look at my hair. My grey sweatpants are sliding down my waist. I start to tighten it when I smell pankcakes.

I walked down the smallish hallway and turn the corner. Madelaine is in the kitchen attempting to cook. I smile. I walk up behind her and put my arms around her waist. She jumped and said, "Jeez! You scared me!" I hummed and put my chin on her shoulder. "Whatcha makin'?" I asked already knowing the answer. She picked up her iPad that was sitting on the counter and scrolled to the top of the page she was looking at. "Vegan pancakes," I say, ending with a hmm. She nodded. "I wanted to surprise you, but you woke up," she mumbled. "Plus, I'm not good at cooking. Can you help me?" I nod and the rest of the morning we are cooking, eating, and laughing.

"So Nessa, what do you wanna do?" Madelaine asked resting her hand on my hand. I shrugged. "Let's go shopping?" Madelaine asked, cocking her head to the side. I giggled and nodded. She is just so cute. "Yay! Let's go! I'll grab my keys while you put on your shoes," Madelaine's voice echoed through her apartment as she went to her bedroom. I slipped my shoes on and waited for her on the couch. She appeared with keys in hand, jingling them. "You ready to go?" She asked grabbing her purse. "Yeah, Let's go," I said while hopping up.

   After hours of shopping, we finally get something to eat. I thought this bitch was gonna let me starve! We went to some vegan restaurant Mads knows. I didn't know what I wanted so I got in line with her. Madelaine grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers. We made eye contact and I blushed. I don't think she realizes how much I actually like her.

We got back from going out and it was 7:38pm. "Wanna watch Black Mirror or something?" Madelaine tossed her bag on the couch. I sat on the couch while Mads was in the kitchen. I heard my phone start ringing. It was Michael.

Madelaine's POV

   Vanessa answered her phone saying, "Hey Baby!" My heart dropped a little when I heard her call Michael that.  "What?....," Vanessa's face dropped. "Why?...," She was starting to tear up. Vanessa dropped her phone and started to cry. I ran over and hugged her. "H..h...he broke up with me," she cried on my shoulder. My heart sank. I shushed her and rocked her. She sat up and looked me in my eyes. I softly grabbed her face and pulled her in for a kiss. It was slow and our lips moved in sync. We fit like puzzle pieces. I grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her closer as she put her hands on my waist. She gasped and pushed me off.

   "I'm sorry I just can't do this! I got broken up with and you're screwing around with me while you're with Travis!" Vanessa got up and was gathering her stuff.

"I'm sorry! I can't help it! I'm in love with you, but I love him too! I don't want to hurt him!"

"Well until you figure out what you want, leave me alone!" And she walked out, slamming the door behind her.

I hope you liked this chapter. I'm sorry I haven't been posting, but I'm having serious writer's block. I've been trying to come up with scenes leading to the smut ;). It's coming very soon!!!