[24] Japan

---

---

~ Personal Lies // Djo *

---*

June watches Charlie pace in front of her with raised brows, eyes tracking her fast movement as she sits on the couch of Ginny's office. The witch purses her lips, letting out a breath. "I know it's nerve-wracking but you have to call him," she states, watching as the girl stops in place, running a hard through her hair. "We can't just turn up in Japan, we don't know where he lives," she continues, head tilted. 

"I know, I know-" Charlie breaks off, letting out a breath. "But what if he doesn't want to see me? What am I meant to say anyway? Hey, it's me, the daughter you didn't know about until literally a few months ago, I'm just gonna turn up at your house?" Nervous laughter follows her question as she continues pacing, throwing up her hands. 

"Maybe a hello first?" June counters with a slight smile, catching the girl's almost frantic gaze. "He wouldn't have given his phone number to Deaton if he didn't want you to at least make contact with him, right?" 

"Yeah, yeah you're right," Charlie bites her lip while nodding. "You're right," she repeats, before walking to the landline that was sitting on Ginny's desk. "Okay, okay," she picks it up off the receiver, pausing and turning to June who gives her a reassuring nod before dialing the number. They both wait in tense silence as it rings, the girl's shoulders dropping a little at the voicemail. "Oh uh, hey Thomas it's me, Charlie," she pushes a piece of hair behind her ear. "Uh Deaton gave me your number and hinted in his usual weird cryptic way that I should get in contact with you so, uh, give me a call," she lists the number after, wincing before putting down the phone. 

"Well, at least you were only awkward on a voicemail that he can play over and over again," June quips with a tilt of her head, Charlie deadpanning her expression in response. 

"Thanks for that."

It's a few days before she gets a call back, Ginny quickly walking into the kitchen where her and June were having breakfast. "Thomas is on the phone," the guardian states, drawing both of the teen's attention. At this, Charlie tenses, exchanging a look with June before smiling lightly at Ginny. 

She closes the door of the woman's office behind her, cutting off the muffled voices from the rest of the house as she walks toward the phone. The girl takes a breath before picking it up, lips pressed together in nervousness. "Hello?"

"Charlie, hello," Thomas' reply is almost immediate, the girl shifting on her feet. "Sorry about being late to get back to you, I was trekking through the Hida Mountains and just heard your message," he begins the conversation, Charlie nodding a little. 

"Oh yeah, that's fine," she begins, biting her lip as she walks back and forth. "I, uh, I assume that you've talked to Deaton?"

"Yes, I gave him a call a little while ago and he filled me in on the details about what's happened," he replies after a beat, Charlie releasing a breath while nodding a little.