[31] Wherever

---

The sound of Albus bounding into the room and jumping on their bed, like most mornings, somehow sounds different today. The greyhound wags his tail happily, standing over Charlie who lets out a laugh before patting him on the head a few times. Albus then moves onto Stiles, licking his face, the man letting out a groan as he wakes up. The greyhound then sprints out of the room, most likely going to find Mango (the two of them now best friends). 

He then turns over to face Charlie, blinking slowly with a smile stretching onto his face. "Hey," his voice is rough from sleep, the okami moving closer. 

"Hey," she replies softly before pressing her lips to his, Stiles deepening it immediately. They kiss for a few minutes before the man begins moving to her neck, Charlie letting out a gasp as she grips onto his hair. "Stiles," the okami protests a little, laughing under her breath as her eyes close involuntarily. "Stiles," she repeats again, feeling her partner's hand move southward. "We, uh, we have to pick up Scott from the airport, remember?" Charlie then feels the man pause before letting out a huff of air against her neck. 

"He can make his own way here," he counters with a groan, a hand still fiddling with the string of her pajama pants. "He's a big boy."

"We offered," Charlie then reluctantly pulls away, fixing Stiles with an unimpressed look until he relents with a nod. They both then move to get up, easily getting into their routine of making the bed and opening the large window next to it. It was a gorgeous day.

Once a year, Stiles and Charlie hold a gathering for everyone from Beacon Hills but this was the first time in a few years that Scott could come. He seemed to be always busy at veterinary school (which he finally got to doing) but had completed the degree in July last year. They were both just happy that they finally got the werewolf to come up to DC.

An hour later and they were at the airport arrival area, Stiles keeping an eye out for his best friend. "Scott is the only one we are picking up, right? Everyone else is finding their own way?" He questions to Charlie who nods easily, reading a text from June about what time she should arrive. 

"You're the one who said that we would only pick up Scott and that's it," she replies with a snort, smiling at the man who nods a few times, an arm wrapping around her.

"I know and I stand by that, but how do I know you didn't just say that to appease me and we are actually meeting literally everyone here and driving all of them back to the apartment?" He fixes her with a look, knowing how she tends to find loopholes in his plans and does something different. 

"Well that would defeat the purpose of tonight, wouldn't it?" Charlie quirks a brow and Stiles then grins, catching onto her meaning. They quickly kiss but then move apart as they hear Scott letting out a loud cough, the werewolf then grinning at the two. 

"I've been here for two minutes and you two are already getting it on," he shakes his head teasingly, reaching forward to give Stiles a hug.

"Missed you bro," he says, Charlie watching them with a soft smile. They break apart, Scott then moving toward the okami who returns the hug as well. "So we were thinking it might work to take your bags back to ours and then explore the city a little? Everyone else should be arriving by about five," Scott nods easily, following the two as they walk back to their car. The werewolf notes their interlinked hands before smiling to himself.

---

In perfect timing, Stiles, Charlie and Scott arrive back at their apartment about an hour before everyone arrives, the werewolf helping the two set up the house a little. Nothing fancy, just putting on some candles and tidying up while Charlie lines up glassware with various bottles of alcohol on the wooden dining table. They end up pushing the coffee table that sits in front of the fireplace to the side, allowing some more room for people to stand.