Sam and Brady's One-shot that doesn't have a name

As the title states, this is a one-shot with Sam and Brady. This will probably be like, the only romance thing I will ever, ever, EVER right, but I felt like these two deserved something. I have no idea what I'm gonna do in this at the moment. Just note that there won't be anything inappropriate for young audiences in here, that's the important thing to remember ^-~

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Brady held his breath in anticipation. He was sitting at a local coffee shop by the name of 'Winston's,' waiting. His heart raced faster with every minute, and he glanced at his watch. Anticipation turned to worry as he realized that it was an entire ten minutes past the designated time he was supposed to be meeting-

There she was! Relief flooded over him as he waved her over. Sam Manson. She was in his botany class, and well... he'd started having a tiny crush on her a while back. But then, well, this guy named Fred had stolen his notebook, which was something he thought would be over with after he left high school, but apparently not. Either way, Fred had refused to give it back. But then Sam had swooped in, telling him where his notebook was before literally sucker punching Fred right in the jaw. They were just lucky that the only people in the room had been them and another girl named Clarince, but Clarince hadn't seemed to care one way or another. 

And then Brady had asked if Sam would like to get coffee with him, and his heart stopped a beat when she actually said yes. So now he was sitting down at Winston's, and Sam was walking towards him, and oh no he could feel the blush rising to his cheeks as he watched her smile. 

"Sorry I'm late," Sam slid in across from him, her smile morphing to a smirk. "So... What's your favorite type of plant?" 

"Uh..." Brady couldn't tell if it was meant as a jab at them being in botany together, or if she was being serious. "Probably... roses?" Brady gulped. Why had he said roses? 

Sam simply laughed, and Brady felt mesmerized by it. Why was Sam so utterly... perfect? A waitress walked over, the same waitress who Brady had told that he was waiting for someone. She had a tired smile on her face, but a smile nonetheless. 

"Can I take your guys' order?" She asked, clicking a pen and holding a notepad. 

"Yeah, sure... um... I'll have a caramel cappuccino," Brady bit his lip before he looked at Sam, who held a contemplative look across her face before it softened. 

"I'll do the same," She decided, and the waitress nodded before walking away. 

"What's your favorite movie?" Sam decided to ask, and the question kind of took Brady off guard. 

"Oh, wow, I'm going to have to think about that one," Brady chuckled, running the names of various films over his head. "I dunno, Ghostbusters?"

Sam flat out laughed, and Brady widened his eyes. What's wrong with Ghostbusters? As if reading his mind, Sam got over it. "Sorry, it's just... Well, I'm from Amity Park," She said that as if it explained why Ghostbusters was so funny to her. Brady simply blinked in confusion. 

"You know, Amity Park?" Sam stated, eyes widening as she realized that Brady was at a loss. She pulled out her phone, typing it into Google search, and handing the phone over to Brady. There were tons of articles about this 'Danny Phantom' guy, but there weren't many good pictures of him. Yet one article caught him by surprise. 

Danny Phantom: Missing 

Amity Park's hero Danny Phantom has had no sightings for well over 

two years now, and people are starting to wonder just where our 

lovable ghost boy is. Rumors have been spreading across the streets,

but nothing conformable has been reported. Where is Danny Phantom-

Brady didn't get a chance to read the rest as Sam caught a look at the article. She looked at his confused face, pressing her lips together. "Sorry, it's just... it's a hard subject for me. Danny Phantom saved my life a number of times and... well..." 

Brady placed a hand on her shoulder, looking into her beautiful amethyst eyes. "Hey, it's okay, I get it," Brady smiled lightly. The waitress came back, placing two identical cups of coffee on the table. Brady took a sip of his before looking back at Sam. 

"So..." Brady started, deciding a subject change was in order, "Who's your favorite Justice League member?" 

"Literally anyone but Batman," Sam stated as if she had a personal grudge against the guy. "Although, if I had to pick one specifically, I'd have to say Wonder Woman. She's a total legend! Who's yours?"

"I gotta say Aquaman," Brady smirked. "Although, I can't say I dislike any of them." 

"I don't know, Batman just seems really..." Sam shook her head, not bothering to finish that sentence. The conversation continued, and Brady was always enthralled whenever Sam laughed.

"You seem like a nice guy, Brady," Sam gave a gentle smile.

Brady braced for the but. Except it didn't come. In fact, Sam brought out her wallet. "You don't have to pay," Brady stated as he watched Sam pull out some cash. 

"I know I don't have to, but trust me when I say my wallet's pretty expendable," Sam winked, pulling out an entire 100 dollar bill and setting it on the table. Brady simply blinked. "I'd like to stay longer, but I've got to go. It was great. I'd really like to do it again sometime." 

Sam was gone, but had scribbled a note with her number on it. The time had seemed to slip by so fast, but he soon realized they had actually been talking for about two hours. He placed her number into his phone before getting up himself, making sure to pay before he left. He'd been too stunned after she set that hundred dollars on the table to refuse it, but she'd better watch out, because he was going to make sure that he made that hundred dollars up, if it was the last thing he did. 

~_~_~_~_~

And viola! 

What'd you guys think? I really have no idea how dates are actually supposed to work, just an FYI, so hopefully this went at least somewhat okay. This is also the very first slightly romancey thing I've ever done, so... yeah, I'm really not expecting it to be all that good. 

So, what would a ship name for Sam and Brady be? Sady? That sounds a bit too much like my actual name for me to be comfortable with... Bam? Mooste? Hansen? Idk, you guys figure it out, this is just way too exhausting. 

Peace out! 

Your boi, 

-Portal Potato