Chapter 13.

We got back home early today,  because it was Friday. On Fridays in school we always always close early, because of Jummat prayer (Friday prayer).

"Al-fudde  here are the beads you requested"Anty-momi handed me a leather bag.

"Anty-momi!"I greeted her and kissed her on the cheek.

The rest of them entered  the house to hug and kiss her before going to the kitchen to meet mommy.

"Fudee the henna designer will be coming anytime soon, so go and change before she comes "Fatima told me.

"Yaay okay!" I happily went to the kitchen to greet mommy.

"Mommy" I called enetering  the kitchen

"Ma!" She replied  and we laughed. I kissed her on the cheek.

"How was school?!" She asked .

"It was fine , but that physics  test  wasn't funny"I spoke honestly.

"Alhamdullilah for everything Fudde!"She gave me the eye, I returned with a weak smile, giving a nod.

"Is daddy around ?" I asked

"No ! He stepped  out with uncle Rashid " She replied handing me  a plate of hot  pancakes.

"Pancakes!! " Amina squealed rushing into the kitchen , obviously drawing the attention of the twins and Ahmed.

Amina wanted to carry one of mine and I slapped her hand "ouch" she groaned.

"Go and take yours!" I scolded her.

"Madam be fast and eat, so you don't  waste the girls' time" Mommy reminded me of the henna designer.

I walked to our room with  my plate,  eating on my way. Mommy and Fatima made the best Pancakes!

And I love Pancakes, we all love pancakes!

I dropped my bag on the  bed,  and my plate on the reading table.
I sat on the bed looking at the  beads,  and white singlets , when Amina  walked into the room.

"So you finally decided!" She inquired

"Yup! And TJ is my date" He asked me to be his date for traditional day, well I have never heard of traditional day date, but well I said yes.

I took another pancake "pass the nutella" I requested from Amina munching.
She just looked at me , like ' what the hell'

"Please!"I rolled my eyes at her.

She handed the the jar to me. I spread a layer over my pancake and rolled it. Taking a big bite,  munching and allowing the milky taste from the pancakes slap my brain , and the combo of the nutella and pancakes  make my eyes roll to the back of my head.

"Lord food is life " I moaned.

"Fool!"Amina chuckled.

After I was done changing  and praying , I went downstairs to meet the lady , I was informed she was here already.

                       ---------------------

Ahmed came out of his room with his basket ball
"Ordinary traditional day you are designing your body? What will you now do when its PROM? "
He asked as if I am so unbelievable.

Fatima and the henna designer chuckled.

"Guy I don't  know about you, but I enjoy looking my best wherever I go" I flipped my invisible hair with my free hand.

"Whatever!" He headed out.

"Ahmed wait!, whats your attire?" I wondered what he was gonna wear.