20: Your Voice

It's been the third week of me staying at home, locking myself in my place. I'd only go outside if I needed to buy something other than that, I'd just bore myself or play games like a shut-in. I kept getting phone calls and messages from the couple but none from Sana.

I'd always look excited whenever I look at my phone but that excitement would be replaced by a disappointed look only to find out that none of them came from Sana. Am I being too delusional to think that she would text me saying that they weren't actually dating and to tell me that she likes me too? Was I asking for too much? All I wanted was to have her by my side but I guess that won't happen.

I heaved a sigh and continued to play whatever I was playing while eating some unhealthy snacks I bought from a convenient store. I groaned as all of them died leaving me alone with nine other players alive. I quickly finished off the game and lazily dragged myself into the bathroom. Once I opened the light, I saw my reflection on the mirror and damn I look terrible.

"Aww my handsome face," I whined, "I look like a fucking raccoon and my hair is sticking up everywhere," I touched my chin, "Eww what the hell," I quickly washed my face and grabbed a shaving cream, placing it in areas where there was hair growing. I grabbed the razor and shaved it clean, somewhat satisfied with the outcome. Now it's just my eyes and hair left.

I went outside the bathroom and headed upstairs to grab a shirt along with shorts and boxers. I quickly showered in my room then went back to my gaming session but soon paused it when I heard a knock. I went up to open the door but nobody was there so I sat back on the couch. I heard the door close, how the hell? "Tzu!" I know this voice.

"Yah Chae how the hell did you get in here?" I stared at him, shocked.

"I don't know, I just threw a huge ball of paper in between the door so it wouldn't shut completely," He wiggled his eyebrows, "I'm cool right?"

I rolled my eyes while smiling, "Whatever shortie,"

He plopped himself down the couch, making himself at home. "By the way, how's the two of them?"

"Oh those two? I don't know, there's something off about them when they started going out," I nod telling him to continue, "Whenever your cousin comes to sit with her in our table, she seems uncomfortable and avoids eye contact with him."

"Did he do anything weird to her cause if he did, I won't spare his life. He does take after his father after all," I had my hand in a fist, tight enough to turn my knuckles extremely white.

"Mina caught her crying once in the restroom stalls but she won't tell the reason why," He sighed, "We tried asking her through texts but she hardly answers."

Just hearing the fact that she cried wrenches my heart while I felt really angry. "He didn't make her cry did he?" Chae shrugged.

"All I know is that there's something odd about them," He grabbed a water from my fridge and sat back down, "By the way whenever she isn't with Dahyun, she keeps asking why you weren't at school,"

My eyes lit up as if I was a kid receiving a gift from Santa Clause, "Really?" He nod, "O-oh..." I looked down while smiling to myself, knowing that she asks for my whereabouts lightens up my mood a little.

"You should go back to school, it's so boring without our yoda." He ruffled my hair.

I swatted his arm away earning an 'ouch' from him, "Don't you have your penguin?"

"I mean yes but it's better when our trio is complete plus I don't like your cousin, he gives me bad vibes," I nod in agreement, I mean him alone is bad news. We never got along with each other ever since when we were kids. He loves to make me feel miserable ever since they moved to our mansion when my father died. He once locked me up in a closet which I stayed in for about three days but my aunt found me. She's the only decent person and would take me out whenever my uncle was gone. Though I haven't heard any news about her ever since I moved out.

Chae decided to stay for awhile and we did some gaming marathon, him losing to me all the time like he usually does whenever the two of us would play competitive games along with Mina. I laughed as he slipped on his own banana peel, making him place last.

"Damn Chae you're terrible, you put your gamer girlfriend to shame." I kept laughing and he scowled.

We continued to play and of course I just kept winning making the little guy throw his console on the couch. Since it was getting late, he went home. I unplugged the consoles along with the xbox, putting them back where I keep my gaming stuff. I then went to the kitchen to cook myself dinner.

Somehow I didn't feel sleepy at all but I know I'm tired. I went outside the balcony that was in my room. I inhaled the fresh air as I looked at the beautiful view of Seoul. I closed my eyes as I recall that night when I was looking at the night sky with Sana while back hugging her. I smiled at the memory, she looked really stunning with the moon light illuminating parts of her face.

I went back inside since it was getting chilly and I was getting quite sleepy not enough to pass out though. I decided to call her and surprisingly she picked it up.

"Yeoboseyo? Tzuyu?"

A smile crept up my face since it's been awhile since I heard her voice, "Tu me manques,"

I can imagine her frowning, "What?"

"I just wanted to hear your voice before I sleep. I miss you a lot," I hung up and drifted off to sleep with a satisfied feeling.