Chapter Seven

Finch's Pov

All the girls and I got manicures and pedicures before Prom. We all got the same color as our dresses and washed our hair. Back at Clove's we slipped on our dresses and did our hair and makeup, having a total of two hours. We squealed when we saw each other. Our outfits were great!

Mine- same as THG interview outfit

Clove- purple dress with thick shoulder straps and a diamond necklace. She also had her hair wavy and tights with black, chunky ankle boots.

Katniss- t-shirt dress with see through material around her collar bone. She had an elegant braid and red heels.

Annie- teal spaghetti strap dress with silky layers. Hair down with a barrette and teal slip ons with mini plastic bows.

Madge- thick shoulder strap with a full yellow skirt,slip ons, and white tights that reached her knees.

Glimmer- same as interview in THG

Johanna- tight,dark red dress with elbow sleeves and red slip ons.

We took selfies and posted them all over Panemgram and waited for our dates. When they got here they gasped. Thresh spun me around and I gave him a light kiss. Mr. Heavensbee and Mrs. Kentwell ( she kept her late husband's name) took selfies of Cato carrying Clove on his back and Katniss and Peeta doing silly faces. We said goodbye and hopped in the limo Finnick rented. We squealed the whole way to school. The gym looked great, flashing disco lights and big posters that read PROM. We drank punch, ate cookies, and fruit shaped in hearts. We all dragged our cookie-eating dates to dance- a slow song. Thresh was a pretty good dancer.

Cato's Pov

Clove lay her head on me as we danced. It was a slow song and we moved very slow, just tilting back and forth. We were the laziest and slowest people here, with our eyes half closed.

As I got drinks Lucille kept bugging me. She came with Delly, who was stealing Peeta. Katniss and Clove were sitting alone together, talking. Lucille grabbed my hand with her sharp nails and I whimpered. I grabbed Clove's attention and she rolled her eyes. Katniss looked annoyed, like why didn't we just escape? Well these girls have sharp plastic nails that dig in our skin.

She put her arms arm round my neck and it was more of a choke sensation than an embrace. "Put your hand on my waist," she said with a fake smile. "Uh...no thanks, Lucille."

Her eyes showed fire and she put another fake smile on. "Didn't you hear me?" she asked. She stepped on my foot hard with her pointy heels and I groaned. Clove smirked from the tables."One dance if you want to get back to your girlfriend." So throughout the entire song I danced. Every time I pulled away she dug her nails or heels into me. I finally let go at the end of the song.

Clove and Katniss looked like they were going to blow up. At the end Delly and Lucille wrapped their arms around us and planted a deep kiss on us. Katniss burst into tears and Clove patted her. Then she pulled out a wicked knife with a jagged end from her boot. Katniss stopped crying and Clove slowly made her way over. Dang, she's hot in vicious mode.

I snapped back into reality, Clove was going to literally kill Lucille and Delly! I rushed over and grabbed her arms. "Let go!" she hissed. I started to drag her out before any teachers would see.

Clove's Pov

Cato dragged me outside and I wrenched my hands out. He made another grab for me. "Clove!" he desperately called. I kicked his ankle and gutted his stomach with my elbow and shoved him up against the wall. He was a lot bigger than me and I pressed my wicked knife against his neck, though I would never do it. "What?" I growled. "I never kissed back you know. I only love you, and you only." He gulped with fear at my knife and I smiled sweetly. "Ok, Cato I forgive you," I said sweetly. He looked at me and I gave him a sweet-sarcastic smile. "Really?" I patted his shoulder with my free hand. "Of course! Of course I forgive you for letting her walk all over you. You don't need me anyway. I think we all know you'd much rather prefer a tall, tan, long hair brunette with a dazzling smile. Everything opposite of your pathetic excuse of a girlfriend." His eyes looked cold and hard, yet misty with tears. Good. I let my hand drop. He grabbed my face and I pulled away. He grabbed it again and I pulled away, again. "Don't say that. You're beautiful. The most beautiful person I have or will ever meet. And I love you. With all my heart." He grabbed my face and kissed me, and this time I didn't pull away.

Katniss's Pov

I came back to the gym, hand in hand with Peeta. Clove came in with Cato, so I'm guessing they made up. "What did you do?" I asked, while the boys got drinks. "I pressed my knife against his throat and gutted his stomach," she whispered. I giggled, Clove was so feisty and so was Cato. They were like the same person almost. Prom King and Queen were Finnick and Annie and we all cheered extra loud.

On the dance floor we finished dancing and I was starving. All the other people polished off ten boxes of cookies and most of the punch, A.K.A Johanna. At the end we all met up at the limo and he dropped us off at Finnick's where we ordered pizza. We gobbled it up and Peeta and I sat outside. We were going to ask to watch a movie, but when we got inside most if the couples were either sleeping in each other's arms or kissing. So we decided to join the party.

Madge's Pov

Back at school we were trying out for the cheerleading or dance squad. Me, Glimmer, and Finch tried out and made it in. Unfortunately, Delly was captain. She shot us glares and we did the same. If Johanna was here she'd shut Delly up.

Next week for the boys' basketball team we would be cheering and the dance team would be the entertainment during break. I wonder how they were doing.

Clove's Pov

Awful. That's how today's dance lesson was. I made the team along with Katniss, Annie, and Johanna. But we were doing Hip Hop and the boy twirling and picking me up was none other than Brady Thompson. "Well, well. Clove Kentwell. Who knew we moved in the same city?" he said with a sly grin. "Shut up," I snapped. "You know I hate you." A year of his abuse and I was sick of it. I trained myself to be tough, and trained with knives. He did a sad smile. It looked innocent and I thought it would be if it wasn't on him. "C'mon, Clover," he said. "I'll give you a second chance." I almost laughed. "Me, a second chance? What am I, a doll you can toss around? You abused me. You hurt me. You are an idiot thinking I want you! I have a boyfriend already. He's sweet and kind and never laid a finger on me!" I was so mad, but everybody was still in the locker rooms. Brady's eyes turned hard. He grasped my arms tightly. "Clove Kentwell you listen to me. I swear I'll hurt him if that's the last thing I'll do. Just like I did you." I gulped. This was not good.

Oooh what do you guys think Brady'll do? Thanks for reading:) ~ Jacy🍀🔪