Chapter 15: SNEAK ATTACK

JUSTIN

Justin couldn't sleep. His mind kept wandering back to Mary's clue. About Hunter. About Patrick. He wondered where they were. Were they doing okay? What would happen should he meet Hunter again? Sure, he was probably a vampire now, but is the process irrevocable? Surely, Lux's book would have some instructions on how a vampire can turn back into a human.

Suddenly, a scream. This brought Justin back into reality. He sat up in his sleeping bag and saw John hoisting Jackie into the air by the neck.

"Put her down!" Justin cried.

"This one killed my son's love, Mary Dane of the Dane vampire clan. She deserves to die," John hissed.

Vampires have clans? This was proving to be much more complicated than Justin initially thought.

"That doesn't matter! She's a vampire! She's affiliated with you guys! That makes her a villain in this conflict!"

"You should've given me the ring when you had the chance. All of this could've been avoided,"

That was true. If Justin had given John the ring, everything would be normal. Nothing about this situation was normal. However, Justin had bought the ring for Bridget, so it was technically hers. Of course, she had the right to keep what was hers.

"Don't take things that don't belong to you. That's stealing," Justin turned to everyone else. Their sleeping bags were sprawled everywhere. "Get up! We've got a problem!"

"What? Now?" David mumbled as he got to his feet.

"Yes! Now!"

"This better be urgent, Justin," Madeleine groaned before noticing John holding Jackie in the air. "I see what you mean,"

"I've got this," David held up a wooden stake and ran up to Robert, who grabbed his wrist just as he was about to dig the stake into his chest.

"You've gotta do better than that." Robert taunted before he gurgled some weird mixture from his chalice.

"What is he drinking?" Justin queried.

"Daniella showed us a video of Hunter drinking a mixture that probably turned him into a vampire. I think that's some sort of elixir...I dunno, honestly," Lux shrugged.

Lux, not having the answers? This was new. Justin basically relied on him to give him info about vampires since he knew so little about them.

"Let her go!" Madeleine screamed as she held a silver knife at John's neck. Justin could see her arm was trembling.

"Weak," John muttered as he clutched Madeleine's wrist and shoved her against a sturdy tree. Meanwhile, Daniella lit a match and pressed it against John's skin. He screamed, covered the burn mark, and kicked her in the crotch, causing her to stumble back and fall.

"I've got an idea," David looked up. Before, he had appeared to be lost in thought.

"What is it?" Justin demanded to know. Instead of speaking, David picked up the silver knife and stabbed the burn mark, which was already brown. John shrieked and released his iron grip on Jackie, who fell to the ground, coughing. She got out a bottle full of the weird potion she helped Lux make and chugged half of it in seconds.

"Should we drink the potion now?" Justin questioned.

"I can feel my strength waning," Jackie said in between coughs. "Then again, you and Daniella got crosses, so you should be fine, according to Lux,"

"Riiiiiight," Justin stumbled back and fell as John limped forward. He grabbed his opponent by the leg. Justin then felt something rough against his stomach as he was being dragged off. Suddenly, Justin took the cross off his neck and threw it at John. Surprisingly, it landed right around his neck, causing the cross to glow red. John wailed in pain and let go of Justin's leg.

"Yes, Justin! Press it into his chest!" Lux cheered as Justin got to his feet. Then, following Lux's commands, he pinned his enemy to the ground and pressed the cross into his chest, causing bruises to appear everywhere.

"Gimme some of that," David called. Jackie tossed the bottle containing the potion to him. Once he caught it, he opened the bottle and drank until the bottle was empty. "That hit the spot,"

"Get away from me!" John roared and shot fire out of his hands. Justin gasped and scampered back. Vampires can use fire? Justin couldn't believe how little he knew about vampires. He thought they were invulnerable beings that lived off human blood and the like. But a vampire using fire? That made no sense. Vampires were weak to fire.

"I've got this!" Madeleine got out another silver knife and speared John's chest with it, who cried out for help in agony. "I can't do this alone! Somebody, do something!"

"I got this!" Daniella lit up another match and stuck it in the wound Madeleine's knife created. While the enemy was momentarily distracted, Jackie took the knife out of the burn wound and held it against John's neck.

"Now, tell us where Bridget and the rest are and we'll let you go," Justin announced with confidence.

"Seriously, dude, do you have no idea what you're up against?" David shot him a dirty look.

"Tell him," Jackie dug the knife into John's skin. John looked as though he was about to cry.

"Tag team!" he screamed in agony.

"What is he talking about?" Daniella wrinkled her eyebrows.

"Dunno," Justin shrugged. Just then, Robert appeared out of thin air.

"Uh oh," Lux clenched his fists.

"Reinforcements. Not good," Madeleine shook her head. Robert raised his hands and shot fire out of them, causing everyone to scutter away.

"I've got you, father," Robert put his arm around John's shoulders. "Until next time, fellows,"

"Wait!" Justin outstretched his arm, but the two men disappeared in a flash.

"Damn. We were close to killing him!" Madeleine put her hands on her hips.

"Well, at least we now know he can use fire magic," Lux ejaculated.

"But we didn't get another clue about Hunter and Patrick's whereabouts! Nor about Bridget and Camilla!" Justin cried.

"We'll get them somehow. We just gotta keep finding their lair. Lux, you tell me where to go and Daniella and Justin will follow the minute the sun rises," Madeleine ordered.

"Gotcha," Lux nodded as he retreated to his sleeping bag. Soon, everything was quiet. This allowed Justin to keep thinking about the information the group had found out about their enemies. Vampire clans exist, apparently, but why? And how is it possible for them to use magic? Justin thought he knew everything, but apparently not.

---

Author's Note: What do you think I could work on, because I feel like my writing isn't up to my standards. I mean, there's always time for me to revise things, but I think Sith Rising is my best written work on here as of now.