•°*甜*°•

•°*donghan*°•

i groaned as my alarm went off, the endless beeps forcing itself past my hands that covered my ears. i grumpily got out from under my covers, pouting and whining as i threw my blankets to the side of my bed frame. i was exhausted from the lack of sleep i needed but nonetheless, i forced myself out of bed anyways.

i headed to the kitchen, expecting my mom to be there getting ready for work, but much to my surprise, there was nothing but a note:

sorry love, i left early today due to an important meeting i have. your breakfast is on the table for you. i hope you enjoy it, its a bit different. i made some oatmeal and hot cocoa for you. a bit foreign, wouldnt you agree?

have a lovely day at school sweetie, im going to be home later as well. i wont be back until after supper at least, as im going to visit a friend.

love you lots!

~eomma eunju

i smiled at the note. reading the words, knowing she cared so deeply about me made my mood better in an instant. but- if shes not gonna be here to see me leave and come back from school, do i really need to leave at all?

i grinned at the thought of staying home, not doing anything, not having to talk to anyone, ill be free from everything! i grabbed my phone from off the counter and messaged hyunbin.

february 24, 6:53 am

hodu: im not going
to school today lol

hyunbinnie: why

hodu: my moms not
here at all today so she
wont see me skipping

hyunbinnie:
wait can i head over?
my dad will just think
i walked to and from
school, he wont even
know lmao

hodu: sure ill be
lonely otherwise

hyunbinnie:
alright ill be there
in 10

read 6:57 am

i finally sat down at the table and began eating breakfast, when suddenly my mind reflected back on the not my mom wrote. foreign, foreign... foreigner? foreigner. but who.. its on the tip of my tongue. why cant i remember? ...foreigner.. new student? ah! kenta! right!

my eyes went wide, realizing i both dipped from his house the night before, and was planning to ditch him at school. what kind of friend am i?

at that moment a knock was heard from my front door. i opened it, and as expected, it was hyunbin. i put on my shoes while simultaneously trying to shove him back outside, and then closed the door once i was out.

"dude, why are we outside? i thought we were staying at your place-"

"c'mon."

i grabbed onto hyunbin's arm as i ran down the street, trying my hardest to get to kenta's house as fast as possible. the look on hyunbinnies face was priceless, i must admit. the amount of confusion and anger mixed together can make some pretty weird expressions.