Carter

The little soft child sat on the roof, eyes shining as he watched the sun rise. As a kid, Carter was abused by his father and deprived of his childhood. It was such a shame that his father cheated on his mother and then killed his mother when she tried to leave. Foggy memories of him hiding under the bed while silently sobbing as his father called out for him in a sickeningly sweet voice. Then blood stained shoes stopped in front of the bed, and he felt rough hands wrapping around his small nine year old legs as he screamed and thrashed.

Carter didn't notice the tears streaming down his face until he snapped out of the flashback. He wiped his eyes as his breath shook a little bit. Climbing down to his balcony off the roof, he headed out of his room and to his brothers room. Slipping inside the pastel covered room, he contemplated waking up his brother. Just as he was about to leave from embarrassment, his brother shifted on the bed and opened his eyes. "Hey babe, are you okay? Come here sweets." He patted the area next to him and Carter ran.

With Dante running his fingers through the youngers hair, Carter easily fell asleep, wrapped in the elders embrace. The elder sighed and stared outside the window next his bed. Carter didn't have the best life before, but he'd been through hell and back and there was no way Dante was going to let him go through that shit again. He would keep his false image of the world, that's how he wanted it.