Chapter 1

Blair's POV

Blair's POV

"I can't believe you're making me go," I grumble and cross my arms. My loose hair blows in the wind, tempting me to just put it in a knot on top of my head.

I look at my house and think of how I'll miss it terribly for the next two and half months.

"Dad, can I please back out." I look at my father and whine. He loads in the last of my luggage and closes the trunk, shrugging sympathetically. "I wish it were up to me." He laughs and pats my back softly.

My mom pushes my hair back and plants a kiss on my forehead. "It's the best for you, you've been so stressed. You need a break before your senior year."

"I can get a break here, at home." I deadpan.

She ignores my comment. "After your senior year, your off the college." She steps back and looks at me. "They grow up so fast." She sighs.

"Well, at least we have Derek to keep the house alive while our honey bun is gone." My dad says teasingly referring to my dog, that I'm going to have to leave behind.

I mumble something about me never getting to make choices for myself and grab my carry on luggage.

"I haven't talked to Evie in months, does she even want me there?" I mumble and zip up my sweater. During this time of year, Dover can get really cold.

"Oh yeah, she's ecstatic." My mom says excitedly. "I'll get the car warm." My dad pipes up and jogs to the car.

"Mom.." I try once more to change her mind.

"No. When you get there send me pictures of Harper and Ryan and be good." She says seriously and gives me a look.

"When have I ever done anything against your orders?"

She smiles proudly and grabs my cheeks. "That's my girl,"

"And who knows? This summer may change your life." She winks playfully.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll get going. I love you, mom." I say with a tight smile and walk towards the car. I take one last look at our house and mom standing on the lawn.

"Love you too honey." She says and blows a kiss at me, waving.

"Tell Derek I said bye!" I shout and she gives me a thumbs up.

"Let's hurry Blair, you don't want to miss your flight." My dad calls out from the car.

I take a deep breath and hop in the car. I buckle up and lean back. "Call me when you land okay?"

I nod my head and we drive off to the airport.

I can only hope for these two months go by in a breeze.