The move

I can't believe it's finally happening! I'm leaving my small town and going to Los Angeles! I finish packing up my stuff and hear a car honking outside. It's my best friend Makenzie, she's coming to L.A. with me! I haul all my stuff into her truck and head back inside to say goodbye to my parents.

"Mom? Dad? I'm leaving!" I say

"Wait, wait we are coming! Don't you dare leave!"

I chuckle as I see my parents coming. They pull me into a bear hug and tell me how much they are going to miss me, how they love me so much, and that they are so proud of me for getting a full ride athletic scholarship.

I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Shelby! I'm 18, got a scholarship for playing volleyball, and I am very kind and nice. I blond with blue eyes and very tall! I'm 6 ft. I guess I'm just ready for a change!

I finish talking to my parents and get into Makenzie's pickup. I can't believe I'm finally doing this!

"Just letting you know I got us an apartment." I say to Mak

"Oh ew! why?!"

"It's on the beach!"

"Oh my god really? I take back everything I ever said or thought about our new home!" She replies.

It's a long drive but we finally make it to L.A. I hurry inside and unpack my stuff. By unpacking I mean throwing my suitcase on the floor and taking a nap. I awake to a slap in the face.

"What the hell was that for?!" I yell at my intruder

"Wake up! I want to go swimming!" Makenzie practically screams at me.

"Ugh fine. Get out so I can change!" I moan back

I quickly put on a strapless purple bikini. Over that, I put some short shorts and a white crop top on. I put my hair up into a messy bun and add a little mascara to my eyelashes. Once I'm done, I knock on Kenzie's door and tell her I'll be outside waiting.

I walk out the door and sit down, as I wait for Makenzie. I look out at the beach. All I see for miles is a beautiful, white, sandy beach with crystal-clear water that seems to go on forever. The sound of a door opening awakes me from my trance. I look over at Makenzie and become overly jealous of her beauty. She is a brunette, 5'7, and very pretty. She's wearing a blue bikini with the same amount of makeup as me but, her hair is in a braid instead of a bun.

"Ok, I'm ready! Let's go!" Makenzie says

We start heading towards the water. Right before we reach the ocean, I turn around to say something to Makenzie. Instead of seeing my best friend's face, I see a beach volleyball coming towards me. Before I could react, it hits me square in the face. I started to fall but caught myself with my hands before my face connected with the sand. A little dizzy, I roll over over so my back is on the ground. My vision is a bit unclear due to my previous head shot. As soon as it starts coming back to me, I can make out Makenzie and like 5 other people surrounding me. Now I can see clearly. Yes, I was right. Five other people are with Makenzie. They were all boys. Very attractive boys if I do say so myself.

"I'm fine, I'm fine just help me up!" I say very loudly, which makes the closest boy jump. I look over at him, he has brown eyes and short blondish brown hair.

"Matt, you alright? Haha, she looks like she scared you a bit!" said another one with bright blue eyes and jet black hair that turns into a light brown at the top.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" he says "The real question is, are you fine?" He asks me.

"Me? Oh yeah, I'm fine! I'm currently playing volleyball for the college. I used to play varsity basketball. Trust me, this isn't the first time I've gotten nailed in the face" I reply

"Oh, you play volleyball? Well we were playing that before Matt shanked it and it hit you! Would you like to join us?" said the bright eyed one, "I'm Nash by the way!" He chuckled

"Come on, Shelby! It will be fun! Let's do it!" Says Mak.

"Well, I don't think I have a concussion. At least, I hope I don't! Meh whatever, let's play!" I said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After playing volleyball for a while, Matt comes and sits by me.

"Hey, Shelby. Right?" he said

"Yup!" I said popping the "p"

"My friends and I are having a little party tonight and I wanted to know if you and your friend Makenzie would like to come?"

"Well, we have nothing better to do. Sure, I think that should be fine!" I replied

"Okay, it starts around 9. See you then!" Said Matt

A/n hey guys! I tried to edit. I probably missed some stuff though. I tried my best😂 Thank you for reading!