1. Introductions

"Here you go, have a nice day!" the young brunette grinned as he gave the customer their change of five dollars.

The bells jingled as the pleased old lady left the shop. The young brunette took in a breath, the warm and homey smell of pastries made him feel at peace.

Ted loved his part-time job- it fit his demeanor well. The cafe was generally quiet. Content chattering- soft and not too loud- accompanied it. The cafe gave a sense of peace and hospitality to all that entered it. The young brunette adored the sweet mixed aroma of bread and coffee.

There weren't many customers on this particular day, so Ted decided to watch the small television propped on the corner next to the door. A pretty tall blonde walked across the screen, giving a forecast of the weather that week.

***

"Good evening! Don't we just have wonderful weather?" A 48-year-old woman casually approached a younger woman in her late 20s at the farmer's market.

The young woman looked up, feeling a little awkward. "Uh hello. Yes, we do," she responded while shading her eyes from the sunlight. She shook off the awkwardness and looked back at the older woman. "Back in my home state, it was always snowing!"

"Oh? Interesting," the older woman commented.

Suddenly, a blonde woman dressed in a blue business suit walked by and paused. She looked at the older white woman, and back at the younger black one.

"Well well well," she looked down scornfully. "It's not every day that you see a white woman conversing with a black one!"

The older white woman held a blank expression, while the young black woman frowned.

The businesswoman strolled away quickly before the younger one could respond. Just as the dark woman was about to turn around and confront the rude woman, the ground jolted. The tables shook, apples tumbled out of a box. Then it stopped.

"What was that?!" The young woman exclaimed.

"Probably just a nuclear explo-" the white woman clarified, "I mean, it was just a small earthquake, nothing to be scared of."

The black woman's attention shifted when a man carrying a video camera and another beautiful young woman approached them. She was blonde as well and wore a formal white dress with black heels.

"Hello, I'm a reporter with Cottonberry News," she smiled kindly as she introduced herself. "I was wondering if I could interview you two briefly?"

"I- err..."

"Sure!" The black woman interjected. "I've always wanted to be on T.V.!"

"Thank you so much! And what are your names?" the reporter asked.

"Pres- I mean Morgan," the older woman crossed her arms and adjusted her purse with one hand.

"Susan!" the younger woman replied enthusiastically.

"Alright. We're live in 3! 2! 1!"

"This is Luna Reed from Cottonberry News! Today I'm here at the Farmer's Market in the town of Februa. An incident happened just a few minutes ago, and I would love to bring these two ladies into the discussion. I'm here with Ms. Morgan and Ms. Susan."