cliché

Valentines day is coming up. The smell of roses and chocolates filled the air everywhere you go. Although most people could only dream of waking up and having your soulmate hand you a bouquet of roses on Valentines day... Sero always thought roses were too cliché.

•••

"I mean, there are so many flowers, why roses?"

The shorter blonde boy looked up and smiled. "Who knows?" He shrugged. "But hey, you gotta admit... they are beautiful." Kaminari began to scope around the dorms living space to see all the valentines decorations Mina put up.

Sero looked down at him and smiled inwardly. He heard the sound of a door opening, and a girl with pink skin skipping into the room.

"Ya like 'em?" Mina asked happily. There was no doubt she loved valentines more then most people.

"They look great! Who helped you out?" Kaminari asked her.

She smiled even wider. A small squeal left her throat before she answered.

"Toru and Uraraka! They helped with the red glitter and balloons. Oh, and the smell is just an air freshener we got from Walmart! Can you believe it? It's so nice!" She laughed while saying that last sentence. Sero and Kaminari both looked at her and laughed as well.

"Yeah, you guys did amazing. I'm sure everyone else is gonna love it." Sero complemented.

Mina ran up and pulled them into a group hug, wrapping her arms around the two boys with all her might. "Thanks bros!"

Kaminari began laughing wildly at how exited she was. Sero let out a few giggles. His lips curved upward, but his eyes showed a look of nervousness. This was because he had realized how close he was to Kaminari. It was nothing bad, of course. Their hips rubbed together as Mina suffocated them. Their shoulders nearly touching.

"Heh, uh Mina... you can let go now..." Sero said hesitantly. Blush splattered on his cheeks as Mina chuckled before releasing them from her strong grip.

"Heh, sorry guys." She smiled.

"Nah, it's fine, but we need to get ready for class." Kaminari announced, grabbing Sero by the wrist and dragged him to the stairs.

"Huh-?" The action caught Sero off guard.

"Sorry bro, but we're gonna be late if we don't hurry." Kaminari said as he let go of the taller boys wrist.

"Oh, yeah."

<><><>

"Ok, now that everyone's here, let's go. It's time for the three on three battles." Aizawa said unenthusiastically—like always—instructing the class.

Three on three battles are exactly what they sound like. Two teams of three, fighting each other. Everyone loved team battles! Well everyone besides Bakugou and Todoroki... but that's a different story.

"Can't wait to see who's on my team!" Kaminari exclaimed excitedly. He was huddled around Kirishima's desk along with Bakugou and Mina.

"Same, man. The teams are always really different each time." Kirishima stated. His feat were lifted on his desk as he sat back leaning in his chair, smiling at the group of people crowding him.

Sero was still sitting at his own desk. He was staring at Kaminari without even realizing it. It was a sight he could admire day and night. The sight of a short blonde with bright eyes that warmed Sero's poor lonely heart.

He caught himself staring when he felt a pain in his stomach. All of the sudden he felt awful. He felt sick and nauseous. There was a dry, scratchy feeling in his throat that caused him to start coughing. He got up immediately causing his body to feel worse due to the sudden movement. Kaminari must've noticed Sero's odd behavior because a look of concern spread across his face quickly.

"Hey, Sero are you ok?" He rushed over and put a hand on Sero's shoulder. When Sero's eyes locked on Kaminari's, he only felt worse. He covered his mouth with his hand since he felt like throwing up. He shoved Kaminari away and rushed out of the classroom and bolted to the bathroom.

The bathroom was empty so he kicked open the nearest stall and leaned over the toilet. He was coughing and gagging profusely but nothing seemed to be happening.

Finally, he felt something crawl up his throat. It stung his neck but made his stomach feel a lot better to have been emptied. He stared at the ground and panted heavily to catch his breath. When he had calmed himself down, he looked in the toilet to see whatever the fuck he had just hurled out of him. His eyes widened at the sight.

"R-Rose petals?"

He didn't know what to think or say. Rose petals. He puked up rose petals. He whipped his mouth with his sleeve then began to stand up. His legs were shaky, but he was able to hold himself up at least.

"Sero, you in here?"

Sero got scared and flushed the toilet immediately. No one needed to see... whatever that was. Sero stepped out of the stall and weakly smiled at Kaminari, who still looked very worried.

"H-hey... I just got sick outta nowhere. But I'm good now." Kaminari looked at Sero and retuned the smile.

"Are you sure you're okay? You left the class so quick I thought you were having some type of emergency."

"No, I'm fine. Let's just head back to class."

"Yeah, good idea."